Challenge Rift 251

There will probably be another post by a streamer with a video talking about the Challenge Rift, but for those that would just prefer to read some text…

AMERICA:
CR 251 is a Jade Harvester Witch Doctor with Soul Shards. (Who wants to predict if that will cause problems when the Season goes live? They are both rank 0/3, so their impact will be minimal if they disappear.)

It’s pretty easy to play… Haunt and Locust swarm things. Cast Soul Harvest for damage reduction and to kill elites. Spirit Walk your way between elites. If you get behind the timer, you will almost certainly make it up on the third level. Should be easy rewards to claim.

EUROPE:
This is a pet based legacy of nightmares build. It plays pretty easy… summon all the pets, cast haunt and acid cloud as you’ve got mana for.

ASIA:
Similar to Americas, it is a Jade Harvester build. It has a level 1 sliver of terror. This build is a little more tanky with the addition of Lukumba’s Ornament bracers. Play style is similar to Americas. Should be an easy start to season. (But maybe wait until Saturday or Sunday to run it to make sure they don’t restart the season on Asia. :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

Overall, all three regions have relatively easy to play challenge rifts this week which should help on the season start.

5 Likes

no im a grizzled jade harvester vet i could probably do the challenge naked.

isn’t s26 starting 23/4? Or have I gotten it wrong? Less than a week between seasons is NOT good for player health imho.

WD build.
Q: How many pets do you want?
A: Yes!
(From Raxx).

1 Like

There’s an announcement stickied at the top of General Discussion…
Season 26 | The Fall of the Nephalem | Preview Blog

Season 26 will begin on April 15, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST) shortly after our next Diablo III update. Read on to learn more about the season theme and balance changes coming in Patch 2.7.3. We are expecting this update to be released on April 12.

1 Like

Season 26 will begin on April 15, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST) shortly after our next Diablo III update.

Where did you get the impression it’d be 23rd when the official statement of 15th was given a while ago? Also 23rd would’ve been Saturday, that’s not a normal start day for a season.

1 Like

Yeah, just spotted it - went looking after my post. Luckily I hadn’t done this week’s CR.

AFAIK, there has never been a new season start with a 1 week wait between the end of the old season and new season. It has always been 2 weeks (patch drops a week after old season finishes, and new season starts a week after patch drops). Obviously Blizzard isn’t following established patterns with s26.

No real matter, my bad for assuming. One should never assume. It’s not a real issue anyway, 3 months to do the seasonal journey is very easy, if I miss the CR bounty cache in week 1, I can just wait and do it for week 2. Especially since I only intend to do the seasonal journey in s26 as the theme SUCKS.

You are very incorrect, there have many midseason gaps that have been mere 5 days.

Previous 5 day gap was between S24 and S25. And before that S23 and S24.

2 Likes

A general negative attitude is far worse for one’s health :slight_smile:
In at least one season I’ve started a week or later into a season myself and didn’t have any problems with it.

not from my recollection…

it’s not negative to criticise something when it is DUE. It seems common now for society to ignore problems and then bag anyone who criticises it as a troublemaker, troll etc. False positivity is NOT good for society (there has been papers on this btw).

Yes, that is true. I’d just like to get the seasonal journey over in the first week if possible. Pretty much have always done the seasonal journey in the first week, typically the first 3-4 days, solo. Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?

Bad memory you have then.

https://d3resource.com/seasons/
S24 ended on December 5th and S25 started on the 10th. That’s 5 day gap. Similary S23 ended on July 18th and S24 started on the 23rd. Another mere 5 day gap.

5 Likes

As expected this triggered an angry, negative, self righteous, infuriated response from you :slight_smile:

A touch of OCD by chance? Why not relax, chill, slow down, find inner peace with yourself and the surrounding world?

1 Like

Yup lol. It seems to be a new trend. And, not a good one.

Angry? You’re making stuff up.

OCD? No. Competitiveness, yes. I have good inner peace thank you.

1 Like

This part made me lol, you have also called many people who were critical towards you a troll.

And you may not be aware of yourself but you do many angry rants. Spamming around the forum that s26 SUCKS and blizzard screws everything up etc is not critique its just angry rant. You remind me of angry videogame nerd, except you cant curse on the forum you probably do that behind the screen while typing.

2 Likes

It’s true that scepticism, wariness, cautiousness and preparing for “the worst” etc. probably has been, and still is, an important part of the survival and prosperity of the human race. But that doesn’t mean that scepticism and distrust has a place everywhere and in every aspect of life.
Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think anyone will be playing on Asia after the last debacle.

Lol yep, also gangs up on other users whenever he feels like it, and then acts all holier than thou, trying to call them out on their supposed bullying ways.

Which makes the whole ironic spectacle that much more amusing.

1 Like

They’ve been choosing witch doctor a lot lately for “challenges” so I guess that infers the dev team knows just how bad the class has it.

The class of a challenge rift is predetermined by a set rotation: Demon Hunter, Necromancer, Barbarian, Wizard, Monk, Witch Doctor, and then Crusader. After Crusader, it goes back to Demon Hunter and repeats the cycle.

2 Likes

Well, that makes sense. I tend to skip any that have crusader or wizard as both are classes I do not enjoy.

Well, D2 seasons had a 2 hour gap in between them and I cannot recall any reports of death or major health issues. At some point people need to be responsible for their own health. Video game companies do not need to be the health police.

If you are worried about health problems between seasons, simply wait until the 2nd week to participate or better yet, quit the previous season 2 weeks in like our favorite forum troll does.