Challenge rift 216

How I know, well simply because if you do not know the correct path you won’t make the timer.

So that is how you know. I mean the guy probably finished the rift under 15 minutes.
But not in the time we get for the CR.

I’m trying to start season 24 today because I have been out of town and away from my PC for six weeks. I’m a pretty casual player but usually can the the CR done and was excited to be home and start the new season. I can’t even stay alive in this one. Just not doable for me (or I don’t want to spend my entire day trying). I really think this is garbage but I’m also disappointed and don’t want to start season without doing CR.

You can’t argue with Phoenix. He’s like the mythical bird: even if he is shot down in flames he keeps coming back.

While I can’t say anything for Consoles as well as non-NA regions, on PC NA this week was pretty simple. The build is Arachyr’s Firebird, but using the significant CDR built into WD’s passive to survive. Simply use Spirit Walk into ok-ish decenty, use your 3 CDs, and then Firebirds - Use Haunt on Champions and boss.

But you can. And I will never talk on behalf of others like he did. That is simply plain bad.

Oh really. How about this?:

I didn’t talk on behalf of others. Do enlighten me where I did so in that context. I told a normal user, that he should not be condescending, in which he is known for, neither dictate what others should post, since he is not an admin nor have any power outside of reporting.

I see a lot of hypocrisy here. You feel that someone is condescending therefore it’s okay for you to be condescending. That’s plain bad (to use your own words).

And I see someone going against me just cause you don’t like what I wrote. Go ahead and read up about what he wrote. The only thing he commented about was, that the Op of that thread should go search for answers instead of making a new post, in which many does. That is not helping. That is being condescending on a wannabe admin level. He is known to do this, goes into threads, just to list up the rules of this forum. Do enlighten me again where I spoke on behalf of others? Now you come with something else to blame me for without backing it up.

I provided an answer to the OP, then suggested they should have searched before posting which is something a stickied thread from Blizzard suggests everyone should do. I then listed four or five times the same question had been responded to, with the same answer. That answer also happened to be in the patch notes, i.e. Blizzard anticipated the question would be asked, so they answered it before the season even started.

Apparently, it’s condescending to provide the answer, direct the questioner to Blizzard’s own advice, and show the results of what would have been found had they followed that advice.

2 Likes

It is condescending the way you behave, yes. You often are seen as a “know it all”, going into various threads, only to list the forum rules instead of replying with a direct answer. You play admin on this forum without any powers. If you feel like there is something wrong, report and move on. You are known to play the forum more than anything to get your numbers up as well.
Not everyone wants to search around for their answers. Not everyone knows about it either.
And the forum rule states : it is RECOMMENDED to search. Did you read up about what that word means?

I guess you didn’t read what I wrote the last time you asked…

By the way, how are you even seeing my responses? I thought…

Cause you are blocked, hence I won’t get a notification.

You stated as the first thing : “This was answered in the patch notes”.
There is a difference in helping someone stating something like :
They do not stack. This was informed under the patch notes : (insert link), you can always use the search function where someone else has replied to this.

You literally gave 2 sentences of your own, showing off instead of replying in a more helpful way. It is not your job to list rules nor being condescending in that way.
You can still see people respond when they are blocked, you just don’t get a notification and it is seen as “view 1 hidden reply”.

He usually have rock solid evidence of everything he posts, and if he makes factual mistakes he’s the first to admit and correct. If you dislike Meteorblade it can only be because you dislike facts (or have personal problems with people who know things).

I really don’t need help defending myself, Jazz. Relax.

3 Likes

I have seen him help others, yes. However there are multiple threads, where a new person or someone not really posted a lot on here, gets a rather condescending answer.
Let the admins check for posts. Report and move on.
Go have a look at that thread, the first reply was 2 sentences where it was stated “go search instead of making a new post, here are the forum rules”.

Would you like a reply like that if you were new or didn’t really know about this forum? This is something he does quite a bit. And I don’t see a reason to go around being a know it all and play forum police.
It could literally have been stated like “the etherals do not stack, here are some links for the patch notes:”
And then let the real admins have a look if it should be removed or not. Cause they list their rules as : “it is recommended to search for answers”.
And besides, there are not much traffic on here anymore as it used to be, hence the rules.

It’s real funny when Phoenix decides to white knight another poster because people “were being mean to him or her” and then spends most of the rest of his time in the thread telling everyone how great of a white knight he is.

Hint:

Folks won’t condescend to you if you did not need to be condescended to. I mean, arguing that you’re being targeted but pretending you didn’t put the target on your own back? C’mon Man!

2 Likes

I don’t defend others unless it is my family or someone I know well. Do tell me where I whiteknight someone on the other thread? I never did.
I dislike the forum police attitude, with the condescending know-it-all attitude Meteor uses sometimes.

He could have helped better, by saying something like :
The etherals do not stack with the cube items. Here are some links to the patch notes:

Instead he came with 2 sentences, where he tells someone to go search cause it is against the rules. Not really helpful.
But I guess it is more easy to go against me than to think about how someone else tries to dictate over this forum. Social mindset ftw. apparently.
I never argued about being targeted nor defended someone. I aired out my complaint about Meteor and how he plays a forum police. Might want to go check up on things before bashing me down on lies.

I won’t go all the way back to the original post but you’ve been arguing that the poster was condescended to. You jumped to the defense of that poster, something you do often. Talk about playing forum police.

It’s a normal thing for you to take someone’s post, find something in it that might be construed as one poster telling another how to behave and then go full white knight for that poster.

Hell you did it in a thread of mine a long while back where I had to quote my own post with things like “Just a suggestion” and “IMO” bolded to get you off my case.

So yeah, you do this quite often.

Just sayin’.

2 Likes

That is not called whiteknighting. And I never defended the poster. I aired out a complaint about the way Meteor was replying, which has often been seen that way.
New posters, people not using the forum much, gets a reply with “you should have read the rules, you could have found it here…”, rather than “the etherals do not stack with cubed items, here is a link to the patch notes:”
There is a difference.

Would you, as a relative non user on this forum, like a reply like that? Being told off with “you could have read the patch notes. Do not spam this forum your post gets deleted”, or would you have liked a reply that stated the answer to the question and a link or two to where he could have read about it? And yes, I have also you on my block list, cause you were also childish back then as now.