Certain items should not be allowed to roll Primal

Ah ah ah! Shhhhhhhhhh!

It’s ok Karg… it’s all going to be ok.

Really? Where exactly did I do that?

Actually they do. Even if we go by your own times of about 43 mins, that’s still thousands of times longer than “a few seconds”.

Yeah, I enjoy arguing with morons.

You’re right, lowering oneself to your level is no easy feat.

yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Let’s try and bring it up to grade school level at least yes?

C’mon… just keep playing…

Nah, why, this is more entertaining.

I know… it is quite literally the point I was making.

Thank you.

C’mon… .one more time… you can do it… just one more reply… c’mon…

See, you can be civil if you just push those tiny grey.

Seeing as how you started the incivility and I just replied in kind until you gave up…

Now, c’mon… strain that brain… generate something worthy

Why are you talking about level 100 gems? You ned to get them to 120 or 130 (or higher).

I would definitely say that this was the first sentence that qualifies,

so what was that again?

I’ll side trek this topic and ask that there should be more items that can roll primal, specifically potions. Some of them would be great if they could be used, perhaps, at 75% maximum life when you actually need them, not when you’re going to die anyway.

I think you can already use potions at any amount of HP that isn’t 100%

They all restore 60% life, for certain. Maybe they can be used at 99% health… would make them at least more interesting anyway.

A primal potion would by definition only be useful on potions that have a range (granted most but not all) but I really don’t see how the difference between those small ranges are really going to be the breaking point of any build, and therefore is just… fluff? I dunno…

As to more primals… I think we could meet in the middle and have the community vote on which primals they’d like to see removed from the list, and others they’d like added. (My personal first vote for removal are things like Krede’s flame etc)

I think maybe they might be referring to things like Potion of Amplification (provides more healing from all sources or something… i dunno, i never use it) or ones where the range of secondary benefit might seem… insignificant due to the crisis of need atm?

And afaik you can use pots at anytime not 100% health too… as in there are times i’ve accidentally hit it when i didn’t need it and was irked that i’d triggered the cooldown when i was already at (almost) full health anyway…

Great, now I need to let a khazra punch me in the nose just so I can see if I can take a swig
(there’s a drinking game in there somewhere, I just know it)

Here’s the thing. I’ve got 2150 paragon playing completely solo this season with the exception of power leveling one clan mate and running him through some Grift 90’s that I was doing anyway to level some gems.

My caldesan’s are in the 600 to 650 range most being the 650 (120’s to 130’s).

After all that, I’ve got one 129 gem that I’ll probably use with if I get an upgrade. The rest aren’t leveled at except for a LoD that I leveled to hunt eths with on other classes.

All my current GRift runs are attempting a GR 140 with Frostburn/eth Buriza build.

I hate running speeds but I did them only as often as I needed to because I don’t like doing them and I’m not alone in that. So yes, if I have an Ancient that was just a few mainstat, vit less than a Primal, I’d be hesitant to use the Primal because it would mean running speeds which I don’t like doing. That, eventually I might switch if I feel it is absolutely necessary, but in most cases it isn’t. At that point it’s just a vanity thing have a perfect Primal over a near Perfect Ancient.

2 Likes

How are you liking that? I keep circling around on this one and can’t decide if I want to try it or not.

To the primal point: O.M.G. thank you.
The paltry .3% increase you might get from a primal over a well rolled ancient is NOT going to be the thing holding anyone back. Primals are not in any way shape or form the be all end all of gear. They’re a boondoggle. A nice shiny the kiddies coo for.

Nothing more.

That being said yes, I totally yelled in joyful triumph a number of seasons ago when the stars, planets, galaxies, entire universe aligned to give me a primal Yang’s on my first 70 of that season. But that had way more to do with “Ahh… thank god I don’t have to keep reforging or upgrading trying to get a halfway decent one this season…” than the fact that it was a primal lol.

Primals just aren’t all they’re cracked up to be to me

I’ve got a thread over in the DH forums about it if you’re willing to read it.

1 Like

ooh sweet, thanks, i’ll go read that now!

Something like that, yes. Some potions, like Fear or the teleport one (Chaos?) would need some adjustment, potentially. But, primal potions just scream, to me, “I could be better than I am!” and is a thing untouched otherwise.

Heck, I wouldn’t mind legendary gems having a primal path. Perhaps you have to max them out and then you can use a Cube recipe to unlock their primal potential. It does not level further, but it gives a new ability - this makes, obviously, lower-capped gems easier and maybe even useful.

I guess I can understand that point. More of a “this is stale and has room for improvement” kind of thing? I can get behind that.

Personally I find this idea to be extremely intriguing. I’d counter with maybe a 100-120 threshold on a gem to unlock? (Mainly due to the fact that most players will not be able to max out most gems) Which also brings up the Iceblinks and other precapped gems (afaik the theoretical cap to gems is whatever you can rank at 150 chance, I never being in a 150 dunno how Urshi behaves for this)

Sorry, anyway. Point being, not all gems would reach primal equally or some gems would have to be excluded (I really don’t see how a Boon of the Hoarder can be primaled, i mean i suppose you could up the MS and Gold amounts dropped seeing as how the chance is already maxed at 100% at rank 50. So we would either have 2 groups, primal capable gems, or all gems are primal capable just some (like Iceblink and BotH) would either have a reduced primal footprint compared to the others?

I dunno, i just like the idea so far

I have a few ideas but that’s all they are. In an open brainstorm, it is very likely one gets the really bad, some so-so, and maybe a glimmer of decent.

Every legendary gem should have a primal path. The direct power unlocked should be scaled with the existing benefits and the level at which it is required to unlock so a Bane of the Stricken/Trapped/Powerful, for example, is not absolutely the best.

For Boon of the Hoarder, for example, at its level 50 and when primal unlocked, the new ability reduces the cost of Cube recipes by 2 or 3 materials (as opposed to granting more each time one is found) of all types.

Iceblink, Mirinae, and Wreath of Lightning could give a matching elemental damage modifier like 15 + (.2 * level) [+25% at level 50] and so on.

I’m not saying these are necessarily good ideas.

1 Like