“The Demonic Prisoner” and “The War That Time Forgot” cannot be completed in adventure mode for the co-op achievement “Disorderly Conduct”

Recently I have been trying to do some random achievements just for fun and I noticed that I haven’t done the co-op Act V achievements named “Swamp Rats” and “Disorderly Conduct”. I did all Blood Marsh events on public (adventure mode). Unfortunately though, I had 2 events to do from the other achievement which could be found in Battlefields of Eternity. Those two are “The Demonic Prisoner” and “The War That Time Forgot”. I was quite unpleasantly surprised to find out that even though I did the events in public games, it still did not count them as completed. After some research, i found many other people saying that these two events only count if they are done in co-op campaign mode. It is incredibly annoying to have this happen knowing how long it took me to just find one of them (The Demonic Prisoner - around 35 restarts) and how long this game has existed. And if anyone is wondering…yes, I actially do have friends that I can ask to join me in campaign mode to do it but in my opinion that shouldn’t be necessary!!

1 Like

I do not know what the point is to this thread.

This is the Bug Report Forum. And you are not reporting a game bug.

If you’re looking for some kind of response or trying to submit a suggestion, you should move this thread to the General Discussion Forum.

Please read:

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.
This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.

Um…he’s discussing achievements and the problem with earning them.

Someone with ~1500 posts is the last person who should be asking “what the point of posting” is.

Pots and kettles…

5 Likes

Like I said, this is not a game bug. This thread belongs in a different forum.

The clouds and sky…

1 Like

If you complete the event, in a party, in Adventure Mode you will receive no credit for having done so in the achievement.

If you complete the event, in a party, in Campaign Mode you will receive credit for having done so in the achievement.

All of the other tasks in the achievement get ticked regardless of which mode they are completed in. So, this is very much a bug because you should receive credit for the task regardless of which mode you complete it in which means the Bug Report forum was exactly the right place to report it.

6 Likes

I was going by this information from Diablo Wiki:

Apparently, some Achievements can only be completed in Campaign Mode. Others can be completed in both, Campaign and Adventure Modes.

It’s even like this for Season Objectives. Some Conquests cannot be done in Adventure Mode.

I believe, for whatever reason Blizzard has, it is intentional. In some cases it is obvious. Like the Season Conquest, Sprinter/Speed Racer.

Therefore, it is not a game bug.

And, if TimeToKill is suggesting this be changed, I would not argue it. But, suggestions belong in the General Discussion Forum. Not here, where it will most likely be ignored by Blizzard’s QA Team.

The achievement specifies that you have to complete the events in a co-operative game (i.e. in a party). The three events in question aren’t Campaign Mode only events, they also occur in Adventure Mode, which means you should be able to complete them in either mode and it should count. All of the other tasks in the achievement work like that. These three don’t. That means those three events are bugged, as they should count for the achievement in Adventure Mode, not just Campaign Mode, just like all the others.

2 Likes

I agree with you…   completely.

But, this is just our opinion. And if Blizzard changed it, this would be a nice QoL change. However, this does not make it a game bug.

I’m actually trying to get this thread some attention. Here, it will just fade into the back pages…   once you and I stop bumping it.

Then it is a Documentation “bug”.

IMO - there should be no reason to check 3rd party sites to find out why you’re not getting an achievement.

1 Like

This is definitely a bug, bro. You should edit this response.

1 Like

The necromancer has arrived and is resurrecting the dead, check the date.

1 Like

:smiling_imp:

Disagree; I saw the date. As near as I can tell, this is still ongoing. I stumbled acrosss this thread after having my own issues.

1 Like

Like the OP, I here because in mid 2021, this is still an “issue”. Whether it is a bug or not, it’s bad for the customer, who is trying to grind out accomplishments only to find that they have been wasting their time because there is no REASON these events that spawn in Adventure Mode don’t actually count toward the objective.
They might as well change them to “Collect a Siege Rune in the War that Time Forgot event” - at least that would give you a hint that you had to be in campaign mode.
As to whether there was any “value” in the OP posting? Well, it helped me, because it was the first hit on Google and answered my question.