CDR on Dashing Strike?

I’m experimenting with Khord’s Crimson Dash Sprinter build. I have one question I can’t find anywhere.

The 8 second charging time, is that affected by CDR?

I can keep the resources up, but the DS charges are spent too fast.

1 Like

It is. You may see a differece when in goem proccs or when you get channeling shrine.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound quite right for a Sprinter build. I don’t know the specific build you’re referencing to but CDR is needed to refresh Epiphany and Blinding Flash. Cooldown should not be needed for Dashing Strike as the Raiment set makes it spend spirit instead of charges.

This is the build that the OP is referring to.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/106310-crimson-dash-sprinter

If it is assembled correctly (and optimally), then there should be almost 100% uptime on Epiphany and with all of the passive Spirit gen in the build, you should almost never get to the point that you’re using Dashing Strike charges in place of Spirit via Raiment 4 piece. I never updated the build for season 22 since the extra cube slot allows you to cube Crudest Boots or Kyoshiro’s Soul to allow either more Spirit (Crudest Boots) or permanent Sweeping Wind for a better QoL.

This is your build I’m trying. thank you.

I see that a 4 piece is says “Dashing Strike spends 75 spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does”.

Does this dismiss the 8 second wait for multiple Dashing Strikes or do your just use it less and use Sweeping Wind more?

If you have a charge available, it uses one and then replaces it while spending 75 Spirit (which is affected by RCR). If you use all of your Spirit, then you’ll dip into DS charges and have to wait for them to rebuild. If you don’t have a charge available, then you can NOT Dashing Strike, even if you are at maximum Spirit. Ideally Sweeping Wind is activated as little as possible since hitting enemies refreshes it (or the belt can be your 4th cube slot to keep SW up for free). A case can be made to cube Crudest Boots as your 4th slot for an additional 4 spirit per second and a 200 Spirit boost on demand. Personally I’d go with the SW belt for the QoL.

Atomfurz answered you directly when he said that CDR will reduce the 8 second recharge on DS charges. When In-Geom procs or you hit a Channeling Pylon, that 8 seconds is reduced to basically zero.

Glad to see some discussion on DS Monk. Any chance you’d have a push variant of this build?

This thread was more about the Sprinter conquest build. As far as a push Dash monk goes, I’d start with Quin69’s God Monk build and modify to recent patches. That build was before the change to Captain Crimson set and CC helps with damage, cdr and toughness, all of which are useful to a Dash monk build. Off the top of my head I’d say Raiment gloves, shoulders, helm, chest and boots, CC belt and pants, Fleshrake and In-Geom (or Crystal Fist), Spirit Guards, Flavor of Time, CoE and Unity (or Zodiac). Cube Flying Dragon, Cindercoat and RoRG. Skills Assimilation, fire Cyclone Strike (cheaper with Cindercoat), Desert Shroud, Radiance, Agility and Ascension. You want to prioritize RCR, CDR and attack speed. The more RCR you get, the cheaper DS becomes which means more Dashes which means more dps.

Yeah I have my own custom build going… was hoping someone else might have a more refined and updated version. I tried new follower on ptr and being able to offload FoT, Nems and all that helps a bit. It’s still a build that struggles to even think of touching GR90, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info though. I always keep hope this build will get bumped to viability one day. It’s literally one damage affix away from being relevant.