CC question for a zbarb

Pretty sure i know the answer to this but would like to make sure.
Is blinding an enemy considered CC just like a stun/freeze ?

Or in other words, would it be beneficial or really really bad to use a blind faith helm on a zbarb ?

Thanks

From game guide Diablo III

• Hard Crowd Control Resistance: Hard crowd control effects—such as Stun, Blind, Charm and Fear—severely hinder the effectiveness of monsters by rendering them unable to use abilities.
3 Likes

Thank you Maskraider.

To complete this, I understand that blind would apply a hard CC effect on mobs, thereby reducing the effectiveness and duration of the next hard CC like stuns. But it would not change anything to soft CC like chill effects that reduce movement speed of mobs.
So in a duo where no one has a stun or freeze, blind might be very good, but in a full group it’s probably best to avoid.

Sorry, I don’t have an answer on this part. I have never used this helm before.
Although the game guide of Blind Faith said:

• [20.0 - 40.0]% Chance to Blind on Hit

I guess you need to multiply by the proc coefficient. Also, it doesn’t tell how long the blind will last.

Also, note the CC resistances stated in the game guide. The effect reduced over time. (The “Hard CC Resist Maximum”, “Hard CC Threshold (Seconds)” columns)

You need to experiment yourself and share your finding.

Sigem, Generally the best duo comps involve a zbarb and one damage dealer. The zbarb will/should always be running stomp which is a stun. All your gear on both players should have zero hard cc as you want the zbarb to have full control of what and when something is cc. Also if the zbarb is using spear that is a hard cc as well. To get more into the soft cc. Blind,slow,etc. You don’t want these either on gear or abilities as it slows the grouping ability of the zbarb. Your highest possible damage is when mobs are stacked together. If they are wandering around slowed or charmed they are not taking damage.

1 Like

Thank you Chris, you make great points.