Cause for crashes (to desktop)

The new season brought us a couple of new issues with freezes and crashes (at least on EU servers).

It is well known, that the freezes are caused by the fmodex64 soundfile and can be fixed by replacing it (resulting in no more game sound - gg). However, what causes the crashes, where u immediately ended up on desktop remained a mystery.

However, I think we finally figured out the main issue. First me and my grp noticed, that those crashes happen often during bounties. At first i thought people just leave during public bounties, but that didn’t make much sense. As a matter of fact, they often suffer from this crash.

Secondly my GR-farming grp (we are all above 25xx seasonal plvl) figured, that those crashes often appear AFTER pooling up in the game. So we started to create a new game for GR’s after pooling up. Since then we basically had ZERO crashes this week.

So our humble but very conclusive conclusion: The more you uncover from the world maps in your game, the higher the risk, that someone gets the crash, is. Don’t ask me why, but I am quite sure that this causes the issues.