Carnival Bugged? Set 2 Doesn't Seem to Work

My wife and I have the same build down to the rune choices. For her, her character’s health kept on draining (i.e. losing health) though she has 4 sets of Masquerade of the Burning Carnival with Haunted Vision. Her character is not playable.

I have the same thing but my health is fine.

Any tips?

If her health is draining even when not being attacked it means her Life per Second is too low to sustain the 1% health loss per second caused by Haunted Visions. This is usually not a problem but it is possible that she doesn’t have any Life per Second on any gear pieces.

If she is only actually having health issues while in combat, then something else is different between your character and hers. You might have more damage resistance from other items than she does, or higher vitality, or higher armor, etc… Check the character details for both characters and see if any numbers are significantly different.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that my health bobs a lot right after I cast the Simulacrum whether or not I have enough LpS to keep it on an upward trajectory or not. If I heal all the way, it can still be bobbing at 100%. Since it isn’t going down significantly, I just go off and kill things.

But later I find that it is rock steady at 100% health. Even mousing over the health pool does not show any variation, no bobbing, no change in the numbers, just locked on 100%. This is the same build with the same LpS and the Simulacrums are still up.

There seems to be a bug where if you are at full health and/or some other conditions that it just stops costing you health to keep it up. I’ve tested maybe it stops costing health when the cooldown disappears, but I’ve seen this happen even after the cooldown. I’ve also seen it bob at full health so full health isn’t the trigger.

At some point the skill/amulet just seem to forget to charge you any longer.

1 Like

So I noticed this was happening when I had a lot of +%life items on. Because Haunted Visions hits with percent drain, and LpS is all fixed additive values, I had to add a bunch of LpS to counter it. Basically the more life you have, the more Haunted Visions hits you, and if that passes your LpS you’re gonna end up with net negative.