Carnevil re-roll

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about a Carnevil mask that I recently found - it came with CHC, Int, Vit and Life per Hit but no socket. In most other builds, I would re-roll the Life per Hit, but I have the impression that with all the Fetishes hitting things, Life per Hit is actually pretty useful here?

Would you recommend that I keep Vit or LpH?

Thanks!

Took a look at your profile… You are right on the cusp.

With enough paragon, you can give up the VIT on gear and “put it back” with your paragon points.

However, you are already running full glass cannon and have Quad’s on both your arms that are already sacrificing VIT…

So it is going to entirely come down to your skill/comfort level with losing another VIT slot. I only see one augment, so it might be a little early yet…

(Oops, not quite full glass cannon…you do have Harvester instead of Echoing Fury)

1 Like

Thanks Spectre!

Yeah, I tried running EF, but felt way too squishy, so went back to Harvester. I also switched Big Bad Voodoo to Horrify, and it made me feel much tankier. The loss of DPS hurts a bit, especially in RG fights, but not having to constantly run away from things kind of makes up for it.

I guess my question to some extent boils down to whether I’m correct in assuming that each Fetish contributes to the Life per Hit?

LpH nevers applies to pets unless you have an effect that specifically enables it. With this build the benefit is mostly for you when casting darts so quickly with the coveted IAS stat.

With lots of LpH, you can use ZD: Leeching Beasts - which does use the LpH stat. Throw in an Uhkhapian Serpent and you have another layer of mitigation. Dogs also help while you build up your fetishes at the start of the rift.

2 Likes

Ah, I did not know that - thanks Spectre.

Is this something that people tested and that’s how you know or is there a way to figure out which skills benefit from LpH. E.g. why dogs do but fetishes don’t.

Hi Pja

For years I ran with a Carnevil that had LpH and no socket. The important point is what will that socket do for you and is it worth more than what you are giving up.

Simplicity’s Strength comes with LpH (4% of max health). Rerolling the helm’s LpH into a socket and then placing an Amethyst there will actually add some LpH back in. It’s really more about what YOU need for your style of play.

1 Like

That’s a really good point - thanks!

1 Like