Carbot Animations created a new vid! Awesome times 10,000!

Hi fellow D2’rs,
Do you remember when you first made it past the council and experienced those exploding Stygian Dolls? If ill-prepared, talk about a rude awakening. If you are hardcore, then it’s back to the beginning you go.

:heart:

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like

Was waiting for the moat trick. Was not disappointed.

2 Likes

I still remember the first and only time I was killed by nightmare Geleb Flamefinger while amped by Ismail Vilehand. I was wearing my first ever Duriel’s and was exceptionally proud of it. Of course I had to be playing solo hardcore. It my my lesson on the importance of vitality.

However, it wasn’t as bad as the first time having a clvl 93. While in an 8 player game someone with CtA overrode my lvl 29 BO resulting in intsta killed by Colenzo with Might and Amp. I hadn’t let anyone loot my corpse.

I’ve been waiting to see how Carbot would do dolls, I felt it was rushed. Pun intended.

2 Likes

The first time I was on a reset team we didn’t practice much and the whole Meph normal quest was a mess with the entire area around Meph painted with all our corpses.

We finally got tired and grouped up and calmly took him down.

Really taught us to stay together and have a plan.
Act3 is the most hated act of them all.
There is no doubt of this lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It would not be so bad if the spider/jungle/forest areas had a constant exit direction. Hell, they dont even spawn as concurrent zones.

Its a random maze, with way too much backtracking.

Much like the durance, but larger.

1 Like

You only have to do it once per difficulty and in every case if you clear it instead of getting rushed, you get good experience.

2 Likes

I move to act3 at lvl 19 and am pleased when I get to kurast as fast as possible.

It is good xp and gold in temples and trav.

1 Like

The reason I play the game is because I enjoy playing the game. I’m lvl 20 by the time I get to act II and I’m always wearing Stealth and usually wielding 2x Steel. I’m lvl 24 by the time I reach Act 3 and lvl 27 by the time I reach Meph. I’m lvl 30 to 32 by the time I reach Diablo and I easily go toe to toe with him.

1 Like

Even in normal difficulty, the fact that there is such a huge concentration of monsters in locations like the Flayer Jungle makes it an ideal magicfinding and levelling zone. I remember when the game first came out, it was the Flayer Jungle that I spent lots of time finding useful items for sharing with friends and family.

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like