Captain america build

Are you saying that you don’t lose attack speed AND the movement speed? I was just assuming that the ice climbers would negate the movement speed penalty but not the attack speed!! If Ice climbers negate both AS and movement then that’s a big difference.

I guess at that point it would be is losing the fire damage vs. face tanking in piles of trash balance out. I’d personally prefer to be less glass cannonish.

I believe it does! I cannot tell but I think so.

If I ever get a set of ice climbers to drop I’ll test it, though someone on here might chime in and confirm before that. Would be easy to test. Open your character sheet and look at attack speed, attack some stuff and get the 5 stacks and look at your character sheet attack speed again. Did it go down or is it the same?

PS. - Did they drop the Ramalandi’s gift drop rate. My lord, countless hours of nef and GR’s and I’ve gotten 1 thus far. :cold_face:

Im running ice climbers and stone gloves right now. Tankyness went way up and you do not lose as or move speed. Its very nice.

1 Like

From my previous post:

Ice Climbers nullifies the attack speed lost from Stone Gauntlet’s legendary effect. You won’t lose movement speed, you won’t attack slower. So incorporate Ice Climbers – either cube it or wear it.

The toughness almost makes up for Unity+Justice lantern. In push, it’s sort of like an inverted impale. Does well with density, does poorly without it. You have to be very careful not to die, you will feel this much more at low paragon. You REALLY need to retreat, and sometimes it just does’t make sense to stay and finish the elite. You’ll figure it out what to do quickly.

1 Like

Also works with level 25 Invigorating gem.
You can “temporary test” with the Law of Valor, rune Bravery…

Im using the gem.

1 Like

I remember playing Akhhan’s BS, and while elites weren’t perfect, it was pretty smooth. We need to solve the single target problem somehow. What two gems are best?

Also, how much CDR can we cut with Climbers + Gauntlets for attack speed?

I feel like I need to write an open ended guide…

Trapped, Stricken, Pain Enhancer (if going LoN rings).

The sweet spot for CDR seems to be around 49-50%, time Akarat’s Champ around your CoE cycles. Trigger it right at the start of Fire element. You’ll be covered for 2 cycles. Play conservatively during the non-AC cycle.

CDR is nice but the most important thing is managing your skill usage properly. For example I avoid using Iron Skin during AC unless I’m sure its cooldown will finish before AC expires. If I’m pushing I make sure my Laws activation and Iron Skin are up during CoE Fire cycle.

1 Like

Oh man, I made the swap to stone gauntlets and iceclimbers last night as well as swapped a bunch of pieces of from normal to legendary versions (though not perfect rolls) and I’m running the legacy of dreams (dropped pain enhancers) and what a difference.

I face tanked everything and ran myself up to GR92 for fun. I dropped condemn for steed since i’m not using illusionary and it helps me with speed and getting me out of wallers if i wind up in a bad spot and run nemesis. It’s just comical fast and powerful through both types of rifts and bounties. LOVE IT.

Update: Got a few things tweaked and with better stats and powered up to 105 fast in a touch over 11 minutes, was 18th on ladder at that moment. Could definitely push more but it’s pretty smooth.

2 Likes

Hi guys. Just trying to take in as much info as possible, as I start to explore LoD Blessed Shield this season. Getting real bored of UE DH season after season, even though cap crimson buffs it by quite a bit.

I have 2 questions, basically.

1. Is LoD Blessed Shield stronger than Akkhan + Cap Crimson Blessed Shield?

2. Given what I’ve seen in this thread, going Stone Gauntlets + Ice Climbers = tanky option (since you benefit from the Armor stacking from the gloves, but still suffer from the movespeed and attack speed penalty) while going Magefist + Illusory or whatever boots = More offensive option?

1. Yes, Akkhan 6p damage multiplier is way too low compared to LoN/LoD.
  2. Ice Climber completely negates Stone Gauntlets’ downside. There are a lot more item variations than what you said, but yes using Stone Gauntlets is generally more tanky but I personally don’t think it’s necessary unless you want to do GR120+.

I like your view on this generally, but those of us with lower paragon struggle at 114 and up without the tankiness of Stone+Climbers.

What do you think about pushing with SG+IC, but then dropping alot of CDR rolls for IAS and such? What gems do you support using?

2 Likes

I’ve played the build for almost the whole season 17 so I know what it’s like at low paragon.

My suggestion is augment your items, and try to find better Justice Lantern (15%+ block chance and 53%+ legendary effect) as well as shield with high block chance (28%~31%).

You only need 50~55% CDR so two or three 8% CDR rolls should be enough unless you have a bad Leoric’s Crown. If you want to use BotT instead of Pain Enhancer for pushing ,get as much attack speed as possible without sacrificing too much CHC/CHD.

I am prepping to augment, but obviously want both better items and to make sure I am using the right ones. For pushing my best, you recommend SG+IC+Illusory, or +Magefist, or no SG+IC at all?

On the Lantern, I got tired of blowing through materials, and wanted to up the offense.

I’m doing GR112 @13:40 - @14:55 with 3-5 deaths. That’s without SG+IC. Not sure about giving up the damage bonus from Magefist and cindercoat for a little more life. That’s a 40% damage drop. Is it really worth it?

I ran a 110 last night (seasonal) in 11:00 on my first try using SG+IC, the tanky feel is just awesome. I’m running that with Nemesis bracers which i love for the speed feel of the runs, but I might move back to my ahkann’s manacles and then could cube mage fists, cindercoat or any combo for the best pieces to be used to increase damage. I just haven’t felt the need to absolute min/max yet.

Just cleared GR130 in NS.

I chose to use BotT and BotS so I’ve switched to quad gloves and IAS rings from what I had in season.

I replaced Illusory Boots with Ice Climber and put Stone Gauntlets in cube. I used Flash on Iron Skin to move through monsters instead of Laws of Hope because l don’t want to lose attack speed from Laws of Valor, and I need LoH from Invincible rune.

This setup requires reserving Iron Skin for mobility so it can be harder to play, and Shield Pylon can get you stuck in the middle of monsters. You might want to try it yourself to see if you want to keep Illusory Boots or not.

In any case, pushing with Stone Gauntlets is definitely much forgiving but make sure you play more aggressively to take advantage of it.

4 Likes

Great advice, you really are the expert on this build all the way back from 2.6.4 in autumn of 2017. I will back with more questions shortly. You should make a video.

LoD is easily stronger than Akkhan for Blessed Shield now. The addition of Stone Gauntlets plus Ice Climbers negating them makes LoD basically as tanky as Akkhan imo.

I think SG+IC is a no brainer for Blessed Shield now. Assuming optimal rolls, which means having at least 40% Fire Damage, and maybe as high as 60%, Magefist does not add that much damage overall. SG+IC on the other hand allows you too easily face plant in front of the Elites and make sure you’re getting your Manacles bonus on the desired target. There’s other ways to make up for the loss of Illusory as well - I recommend Steed Charge. But I’m not sure if that’s number one in slot. However, it’s mobility and ability to pass in and out of mobs is critical imo.

1 Like