Capt. Crimson's: Potion Snapshotting

Tested Crimsons in a GR, was able to snapshot the CDR bonus I received from a channeling pylon. This allowed me to increase my additive damage from about ~86% to ~105%.

Here is a video clip showing this:

Considering the next season is the season of triune, and we get 50% CDR rings available almost all the time, this will make playing a crimsons build an absolute pain to manage, because optimal damage would mean having a channeling pylon active AND standing inside a CDR triune ring whilst clicking the potion.

Consider also that we have Squirt’s which will be used in a lot of builds. This item bonus stays active when you don’t get hit, but you’d need to get hit to snapshot the Captain crimson’s bonus. This would make it even more bothersome for such builds to snapshot.

Notes:

I have not tested Aughild’s or the DR from RCR given by Capt. Crimson’s, just the damage increase, but I would expect these to behave similar, seeing as they appear to be similarly implemented. If anyone else wants to test further, please do so.

I also have not tested level transitions, but if history is to repeat, this would also snapshot this type of bonus as it is currently implemented on PTR.

Can we please make this dynamically update to some degree so we aren’t dealing with snapshot mechanics again?

4 Likes