Can't Join Friends

My wife is playing a seasonal character. I get on my seasonal character and try to join her. “You can’t join in a seasonal game with a non-seasonal character.” We’re both on seasonal. WTF?!

Try to join on her, there is no option to “request party invite”, only invite to party. I don’t want her to leave her game. She’s doing things. Same thing for her though. She doesn’t have the option to request an invite, only invite to party. But that sounds like it’ll be ok cause she can just invite me and good? Wrong. My game makes the sound for her inviting me and the invite never shows up. We each have to close out our games and reopen them in order to be able to play with each other.

This is ridiculous. Blizz, what did you do? You’ve broken your game and it is absurdly frustrating. I accidently deleted a pair of set pants with no replacement. That was irritating. Having to close each game to be able to rejoin sends me thru the roof. FIX YOUR GAME PLEASE.

There’s a long-standing bug with seasonal / non-seasonal stuff…

However, until that bug is fixed, try this…

1. Exit the current game so you’re both back at hero selection
  2. Both of you switch to a non-seasonal hero
  3. Both of you switch back to your seasonal heroes
  4. Invites will now work as both clients will recognise each other as seasonal
1 Like