Can you pros critique my outdated build?

So I had a decent Inarius build from like 3 years ago and I started up the game again, pushed from GR82 to 87.

I know Inarius sucks but with the Corpse Explosion and Moribund gloves buff coming in the next patch, I wanted to fine tune my build and give it another shot. Here are my gear, can you think of ANYTHING I can replace that can make this build better damage wise?

I cant post links, but bascially I use:

5 pieces Inarius, Flawless DIamon in helm and Flawless TOpaz everywhere else
Golem Breech pants
Dayntee Binding belt
Convention of Elements w/Pain enchancer 100 gem
Ring of Royal Granduer ring w/Esoteric Alteration 100 gem
Wisdom of Kalan with Bane of Trapped 100 gem
Targoul Correded Fang
Ancient Parthan Defenders

Skills: Corpse Explosion, Corpse Lance, Grim Scythe, Land of Dead, Bone Armor, Flesh Golem

790 paragon
49% CDR

Passives: Final Service, Blood is Power, Standalone, Overwhelming Essence

Kanai: Krysbins, Reylenna Shadowhook, Grasps of Essence

I find that Golem pants really help to get Flesh Golem 8 corpses down to 11 second cooldown so that helps with Corpses a lot + 30% DR, thats really only reason I keep Golem. Note: I REALLY love Corspe Explosion and Corpse Lance, my favorite skills in entire game!

Any Gear or skills I can swap out to maximize damage?

Thanks!

Inarius is far underpowered compared to the other sets and, frankly, no one really uses sets anymore as LoD outshines them all. Hopefully they will buff Inarius in the next patch for season 22 when they do some final balancing. If you really want to play Inarius, the version with Jesseth’s and command skeletons will probably be the best Inarius build, but even then, it’s underpowered.

1 Like

Try something like this. It will be much stronger after the patch with the change to CE and Grasp of Essence. Losing the season 20 buff, I’d cube Leoric’s and equip Andariel’s and cube Squirt’s’.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/107185-lod-corpsemancer

2 Likes

if only Raziel…If only…

1 Like

Well, the devs did say they were going to do an additional balance patch after all the sets were released and had at least a full season under their belts, so here’s to hoping.

1 Like

Ok so slowly leveling up the LoD gem, now about level 70, but what do you do for DR and survivability in general with a LoD build?? i did in literally ONE HIT, and that is with Golem pants/30% DR, Aquilla Cuirass body armor, and that that legendary gem that gives you high life regen.

I remember when I stopped playing almost everyone was using the Unity ring for you and your follower, but I dont see it being used much anymore.

With my Inarius build the 15 stacks of Bone armor help a lot with tankiness, but with LoD I die in one hit.

Also the 2% more DR per level for the LOD gem… does it double as well with an ancient item or is that just for the added damage?

Thanks a lot for your help!

the DR doubles aswell afaik. Its 52% dr and 9750% multiplier at full ancient.

Unity on a necro is barely seen as there are plenty of choices. Maybe youve seen it during the season where rorg came for free but even then, its no choice actually.
Krysbins, coe (which on nec only has 3 cycles so more dps than other classes), nailujs, rorg, obsidian are all more solid choices.

You could also still go with wisdom of kalan and bone armor and get 10 stacks each 3%. But thats no good thing either.

In general, nec is a glassy character :confused:
If its just too hard that way, go with wisdom or even unity then. But youll notice it at the damage

two items missing in cube, your advices for them?

I gave my suggestion in the post that I made. I’d cube Leoric’s in the armor slot (and equip Andariel’s) and Squirt’s or FoT or Johnstone for the amulet.

1 Like

Why Andariels ? The added poison damage seems paltry relatively speaking?

Armor slot is pretty open, Andariel’s can roll extra poison, so it helps the other poison abilities, i.e. all of them.

1 Like

I had to go with Unity at least for now. I even tried a level 90 esoteric but nope. Heard Widlerbeast gem is good but I need to level one up.

I cleared GR 90!

Have 2 more armor pieces I need to find Ancients of to get full LoD benefit . I’m stuck at level 91 LOD becuase I’m stuck at GR90 and it keeps failing to upgrade

Btw what do people think of Illusory Boots ? Had them on as a place holder since they had good stats and Ancient but to be honest they might be the single best item in the game. Being able to just walk through mobs and especially Waller walls is just a life changing event . I dont know if I can go back to playing the game without them

20% extra elemental damage > 6% crit chance.