Can you play Diablo IV solo without PS Plus / Xbox Live Gold

PS store description is different than other Diablo games.

Difference in description:

D2 & D3:

• PS Plus required for online play
  • Online Play Optional

D4:

• Online Play Required

However, Beta Blog states:

Once Diablo IV launches, a Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription will be required to access some of the game’s multiplayer features

Probably not since the multiplayer parts will be embedded into the solo parts - that is, they are not likely to be distinct with a separate loading/access.

We need additionnal information on this. The fact that this is not clear and we can still pre-order on the PS5 store makes no sense.

I have bought the Ultimate Edition on PC and I’m considering buying the Standard Edition on PS5.

I would be looking at playing on the PS5 when I want to grind content solo and when I want to couch coop with my wife. Therefore, I don’t care as much about the multiplayer aspect of the game on the PS5.

Will I need a PS subscription to play couch coop? Worse, would we each need one? If that’s the case I’m not interested…

1 Like

No

Awesome! Thanks a lot

• Online play required
  • Supports up to 4 online players with PS Plus

You need PS Plus to play this game even if you are playing solo. It is the only game I ever heard of that requires a PS Plus account to play solo. Requiring on-line play to combat cheaters and for proper Battlenet accounts? Sure why not! But having to pay EXTRA to play solo for a game that you are suppose to play for many, many years? HARD PASS.