Can you make the spear build more of a melee style?

Hi,

So been playing around with the masquerade set and I love the spears I hate the zipping around part, my favourite builds are old school inarius bonestorm or the poison scythe build. Is there a way of making the soear build more of a upclose build?

Why would they consider changing one of the classes most powerful and ranged builds? If you like melee, play your poison scythe.

Yeah the Set is boring. The Damage and the Simulacrum should work for every Primary and Spender Skills.

You could go legacy of dreams but its not as strong.

Hello!

Masquerade is not strictly meant to be played at range only. On the contrary at some points during the fights you have to be in melee if you are playing a traditional bone spear build, and the reason is first to proc krysbins sentence with a reliable stun which comes from bone armor dislocation (remember juggernauts are immune to this effect) and second to generate some essence with a primary spell (usually grim scythe). If you decide to go full on melee, you can still play this and you will only lose some damage from zei’s stone of vengeance (legendary gem) and the serration passive which scales with the distance, or you could just replace this gem with something else if you feel it is not benefiting you that much. This build is tanky and you can go face to face with most monsters.

If you want to play Inarius with bone spear, well… technically you can, cause inarius doens’t buff a specific skill but everything that is hit by bone armor. However, the difference between inarius and masquerade when it comes to bone spears is huge…