Can you explain why my friends mana has no sustain during spirit barrage?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/KPyro93-1673/hero/121523446

My friend made his wd last night and has all the gear except he cant channel spirit barrage for too long without all his mana disappearing… so if you can please take a look at his profile and explain to me why his mana goes away super fast and what he can do to change I’d really appreciate it.

Can’t look at profile right now but you need either Rush of Essence passive…
Or Spirit is Willing rune instead of Manitou…and don’t overcast Locusts.

Considering u got typical (best) breakpoint: 2,075 with voodoo (7 as dagger + 2x 7as from items (usually gloves and 1 ring) mana is no problem with:

• blood ritual - basic - 20% flat reduction, regen life and needed for mana / confidence ritual / grave inj / and last defensive passive (3 works - bad medi / swamp / jungle)

• 7-8 rcr roll on shoulders - all res on shoulders = salvage shoulders

• templar

• spirit is willing can be channeling with locust pestilence casted each 5-7 seconds and piranhas at cooldown

Manitou is bad and will fail in deep push, this rune is worth nothing inside rift, only gives adventage vs Guardian (like 10-15%), and it needs rush of essence (u loose confidence or defensive passive). This is more 110 and T16 stuff.

For 135+ aim for 1m life pool.

Here example, ignore primals, adjust rolls into your paragon / gr tier.

7+2x7 as is needed at least if u usually channeling (u will anyway at guardian to stack stricken, 7 as is always better on knife then 10%), 2 other 7’s are easy to get.

https://www.d3planner.com/742977117

Play around oculus. i closed 141 with less then 5k paragon.

I can face tank 70% guardians at 142 (will close this soon).
For optimization try get high pickups radius and ranged/meele reductions where possible).

Easy peasy
Jungle is free to switch (medicine/swamp).

This is incorrect.

Usually you want to avoid channeling(except for RG)

Defensive passives are not used in real pushing.

1 Like

I just give my opinion for semi-advanced pushers, ill skip “IM 10K PARA GOT ALL OFFENSE, AND CAN CLEAR FEASTERING WITH SOFT TRASH”.

For me 5k paragon 141 clear is very correct, but i respect other player’s visions.

And trust me 90% 130-140’s players will channel often, no matter what.

There are two ways of supplying SB Mana in combination with CDR and RCR rolls on gear.

Maintaining 100% uptime of Big Bad Voodoo rune Rain Dance- The ritual restores 250 Mana per second while standing in the ritual area

Rush of Essence passive - Spirit spells return 100 Mana over 10 seconds. Spirit spells are: Haunt, Horrify, Mass Confusion, Soul Harvest, Spirit Barrage, Spirit Walk

Do not spam Locust Swarm as it is a Mana hungry skill. Tap to refresh spread.

Pushing builds usually switch Big Bad Voodoo to Ghost Trance for the survive-ability and rely on Rush of Essence for Mana.