Can we please keep ethereals?

They’re super fun and removing them after the season ends feels like a slap in the face.

9 Likes

The current plan is to keep them if players like them and then to get rid of them if they don’t.

1 Like

Good deal. I like them quite a bit. Each allows different builds nothing is really cookie cutter.

Where and when was this stated?

As far as I know, the only known plan is to that Ethereals will be available during the duration of season 24, and that they won’t be transferring to non-season.

5 Likes

Then I’m not buying another blizzard game ever again.

It wasn’t.

More or less. I have a feeling they may stick around every season, but only for the season, unlike they did with the followers. Since this is the first season to have them, its about them, like having the follower changes last season was about that, but we got to keep them on both sides.

But that was my impression.

1 Like

Near the end of the Season, a super unique Merchant Goblin will populate the various maps. However, killing it permanently prevents you from ever getting [2-5] Legendary items, including Set pieces by setting a drop flag for them to 0. If, on the other hand, you successfully use hard crowd control for at least 30 seconds on the goblin, you’ll get an offer to spend $50 and select [1-2] items to permanently start with, every game, which includes the possibility of an Ethereal - note, this guaranteed one is based on your Paragon level so that, at Paragon 25K and above, you get a level 70 (Ancient) but all others are more variable.

3 Likes

Can you comprehend the concept of the sesonal theme? If this makes you not to buy from blizz than your intellect is very questionable.

3 Likes

Most definitely not. Ethereal is this Season’s theme and to my unsurprised reaction, has a huge power creep.

Currently my DH in S24 is only Paragon 800-ish and my base attack is almost 8m from just 1 Ancient Ethereal alone, far more than what my non-Seasonal DH at Paragon 1900-ish has.

2 Likes

Ethereals will carry over to non-season for everyone except those on Linux.

2 Likes

Ugh.

Fourth cube slot is super fun and removing it after season ends feels like a slap in the face.

That killstreak stuff raining down from the sky was super fun and removing it feels like a slap in the face.

Seriously why is it so different for people just because it’s an item?

1 Like

Indeed, the power creep is immense. It’s fine as a seasonal theme but it should remain as such. Making it permanent would only make things worse.

None of the previous themes were implemented permanently as they were. And no, the S23 follower rework was not a theme, it was comprehensive QoL upgrade.

1 Like

Actually, there were a few exception to some Seasons in which they stay permanent after they were introduced, namely:

• new legendaries (it used to be only that Seasons get the reworked changes first before rolling it out to non-Seasonal)
  • Legacy of Dreams gem (it was a LoN themed Season but a lot of people liked it and wanted a change other than relying on the paired ring’s powers)

But yes, Ethereal weapon looked nice, and even reminded me of Loot 1.0 back in D3 Vanilla but it’s far too strong to be kept after the Season ends.

1 Like

None of the themes become permanent as they were. This includes the LoN theme. LoD was added after the LoN themed season but it’s still different from the theme.

As for the seasonal exclusive items from the early seasons, I don’t count those as a theme.

1 Like

Indirectly, they weren’t themes that get included in Non-Seasonal but Season-exclusive changes that actually had an impact post-Season per se.

And? As long as the power creep benefits all classes who cares really? It’s something else to try and grind and something new to play around with.

How? Since when do people care about power creep in NS? Power creep in non season is not an issue. I would say that power creep in Seasonal is even more of a concern.

All this being said. Power creep in a casual game like diablo 3 doesn’t really matter anyway, as long as the power creep benefits all classes. It’s not like it’s a competitive game.

2 Likes

Well they do benefit all the classes, but not all the builds.

2 Likes

Lmfao again with with this power creep non sense

Oh noes METAS will faceroll 150 GRs in 2 or 1 min in season or even 1 min in non season if ethereals transfer to non season…

Letting ethereals transfer to non season would open LOTS of T16 and GR100 build possibilities, but nah META, Botters, neets and macros, THUD users will completely meltdown if SOLO players would get some love and even 5-10 GR boost than usual 100-120 GR or come too close, or oh the horror dare to clear a 150 GR SOLO in less than 10 minutes with less than 3000 paragon

God forbid SOLO players or casuals to speed farm 110-120 GR in less than 5 minutes, cause you know “moar powah creep” and poor METAs will go nuts if the game becomes even easier for them, while SOLO players are shown the MIDDLE FINGER for years
Even the follower revamp didn’t help that much maybe max 5 GRs, for SOLO bottom feeders who don’t spend 12h+ a day in groups (META, Rats or any other) for whole duration of season…
Listening to all the nerf whinings or powah creep BS is the reason why we constantly have ONE TOP build for each class for pushing highiest GRs instead of more… :man_facepalming:
Unfortunately trying to reason with these “people” is like talking to the wall, won’t achieve nothing…

3 Likes

Let’s step up the game here. Work in the special affixes of the eths into all items, magic and rare included. :grin:

They could add Ethereal Legendary Gem(s).

You get all the Ethereal static affixes at their minimum (lowest level possible) but each time you upgrade, it increases them (as if the Ethereal were rolled at the next higher tier) until it hits the max at level 75 (say.) which still allows variability (those affixes which do not change would not change - no getting +350% all skill damage for example) but also gives a little more control. In this way, you could get the three different class-based Ethereal gems (one for each set of affixes.)

1 Like