Can we have a D3 forum please?

Was gonna ask a D3 question, but this is now the D4 forum. Can we have a D3 forum please, since some of us are actually playing that game?

25 Likes

aaaaaaahahahahahahahahh
can i consider this a victory?

6 Likes

We do apologize. Might have to endear it another couple months. Possibly more.

1 Like

Looks like the D2 fanboys have taken over the D3 forum to complain about D4, love it. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I wonder what the D3 forum will look like when Immortal is released. :-1::-1::-1:

Even if they had separate forums some people would still cross post. As D2 already has a forum.

Blizzard created this mess when they told everyone with feedback on D4, to post in the D3 general forum, not to smart of them. Hopefully a D4 forum will be up soon. :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

What was your question then?

I would like to echo this comment. If you have a D3 question, feel free to ask. If you want to see many replies from Blizzard to D3 questions in the past month, click the Blizzard post tracker. Our Producer Matthew Cederquist has been quite active and engaged with the D3 folks here.

11 Likes

Aye, that’s been a breath of fresh air. I really prefer this type of communication that we’ve been getting. It is extremely hard to do so when almost every thread is a D4 thread.

1 Like

He is a beast, good to see him on the forum, is our CM done with us now?

I enjoy many of the comments about D4, they just need to be in a D4 forum.

3 Likes

Of course not! She is just one person though and she is the ONLY CM for the whole Diablo franchise. We used to have 2.5 (one person was split between Diablo and another task), before the layoffs. She is not the one with the answers about game development questions anyway.

5 Likes

Look, dude.
It has been just over a month since Blizzcon, and already most of the topics here are D3 related.
3 weeks ago, 90-95% of threads were about D4
Right now, about 30-40% of threads are about D4, and the rest are D3 related.
3 weeks from now, that number will drop to 20%.
3 months from now, only a rare thread would concern D4, because people will get tired of discussing the same thing over and over and opt to wait for Blizzcon 2020.

Just think about Diablo: Immortal. How this entire forum was burning with threads about it. And now? I personally saw a single Immortal-related thread in the past month.

This forum WILL return to being a D3 forum. But it would be entirely unreasonable to create a D4 section, only for it to noticeably die in 2-3 months and to degrade into a troll cave.

1 Like

Your partially correct, but D4 mania will ramp back up every Blog Post made and every quarterly progress update for the next, couple of years or so.
There can’t be a D4 forum without D4 licenses. (I don’t think so anyway)

You are only partially correct too.
Yes, the interest will ramp up with every blog post - but with every next post less and less people will be moved enough to go make new threads on forums.

The excitement will fade inevitably, as we have several long years to wait for release.
Also, knowing Blizzard - don’t expect more than 3-4 posts a year.

Diablo 4 is a hot new chick on the block right now. The more time goes, the more people will burn out on discussing a game that they can’t play and quit that thing. Even after the next Blizzcon - excitement on these forums will be a fraction of what it was after this one.

Yep, we shall see, I hope the excitement doesn’t wane - This seems to be a passionate bunch about their Diablo franchise anyway.

It is only natural for the hype to die down now, when there is no release date even in sight. And they know it.
In fact, absence of hype so far from release isn’t a bad thing for devs. This would allow them to make their game in peace and without pressure.

And when release date is announced - the interest will return

how can we reach the devs directly by an ‘adressed’ post?
-just out of curiosity, not that i demand or need it atm.

Yes please! (20 chars)

i’m not sure why they don’t add a forum to the D4 page they currently have? perhaps they can make one soon as it would make since to keep this forum for D3. it’s kind of confusing with all the D4 hype which may come in waves since they are kind to keep us in the loop.

They just need to create 2 tabs from general discussion.

General discussion diablo 3.
General discussion diablo 4.

GG. win-win.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! I’ve been thinking about starting a thread as well. I don’t even stop by that much anymore because it’s too much of a mess with 2 different games going on.

OP you see how much attention your strawman post got. I bet your D3 question could have been answered as well.