Can we have a ban wave on console

Cheaters are making top leaderboard solo in a 3 players group ! That’s ridiculous, please Blizz fix it !

1 Like

Nothing blizzard can do. We don’t play on their servers. We play on Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo servers.

Now, on D4, they should be able to do an online ban considering most likely we will be on their servers, but as for current gen consoles, I highly doubt at this point Sony/soft/tendo will really do anything.

1 Like

Hopefully they give us console players full forum access if we buy D4 too…it’s super frustrating

if we are on their servers then yes, we should, since we could be verified that way, similar to how PC is…

They could verify us console players as well. Just add in a menu item that is in the game that opens a page referencing your copt of the game that you purchased.

They still have the upload save data that lets you take save data from previous gen and upload it to their server to download on new gen. I Used it back in the day and it required me to make a battlenet account that asked for the unique code generated by the game. I had a battlenet account associated to my xbox account, and even received blizzard rings on console.

Blizzard soon after cut all account linking after that claiming they had no way of verifying console player’s game ownership. Complete malarkey…

2 Likes

news just in. Sony has confirmed that Blizzard controls the leaderboards. Yes. This is Blizzard’s problem.

1 Like

Can you link that reponse fron Sony?

If this is the case, it should be the same for other platforms.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch with PlayStation.

Thank you for contacting us. We understand gameplay is not impacted by this problem. The leader boards in this title are not operated by SIEE but by the publisher through a bespoke implementation with their provider.

We have let the publisher know of your concerns and they are investigating to combat against this issue.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,
2 Likes

I’m not sure what u mean by every person on the leaderboards is a hack or cheater. Personally I play between 20 to 30 hours weekly and am regularly in the top 50 in my class solo, and top 50 to 100 in group playing all the z builds. Don’t just assume everyone is cheating, but maybe consider everyone on the leaderboards consistently watches 100s of hours of discord, twitch streaming of gameplay, countless hours of YouTube videos of gameplay and learns how to maximize hours spent playing the game. Every season I personally make goals, keep a journal and calendar of progress and notes on groupings that work. Bottom line = if you play meta in group and only augment the properly stated gear u will be successful. Whether you will be top 50,100, 500 depends totally on how dedicated you are.
Cermit trainer

@CermitTrainr

No where in this topic did anyone claim every person on the leaderboards is a hack or cheater.
Of course there are alot more noticable cheaters towards to top of leaderboards (top 10). This doesn’t mean everyone in top 10 is cheating. Dedicated legit players can place quite high on the leaderboards, but most players do not have the game knowledge or experience to do so. Often times it seems almost impossible, to most people, that any legit player could compete.

2 Likes

Well said sir. It just bugs me each time I see people post that everyone is cheating if they have a high ranking. Last night we put down the best 4 man time in a 150GR ever. Being at only 2300 paragon points I take great pride in this. This year with the pandemic a lot more people have a shot at high paragons and learning how to get the most out of your gaming time spent

“TOWN IS LAVA” - RAXX

PS4 has had their problems with people getting 10k paragon in seasons and the switch has modded items in their seasons.

“the best 4 man time in a 150GR ever”

150’s were done in 3 mins with star pact and angels spawning back a few seasons ago. On console, they were some 5 or 6 minute clears.

Nope…not possible…all they can do is use a Save Editor to add 999 paragon to a Level 1 toon and use same editor for infinite mats, they also can do the dashboarding trick too like XB1.

Weren’t people in seasons using that to give themselves 10k para. You made a video about it. People were at top of leaderboard with random gear pieces.

No…they shared their D3 save and got it resigned to another PSN account meaning they could have multiple players in a solo rift and they could wear trash gear but get credit for the solo clear.

Editing of Paragon in seasons is not possible bar the 999 at the start of the season on PS4.

Switch however can…

Oh, I thought they used a save editor to do it.

Miss the days when cheating was ok. When game genie and Game shark’s were a thing but because of online ya those days are not coming back. Too many people who can’t help but cheat while playing online. :frowning:

gameshark haha. I think its ok for certain games. Modding and such like skyrim.

modding/cheating i never appreciated in online games, but offline only games etc i’ve done that plenty myself… especially after i beat a game then went back with different cheats and such

Let’s see how many remember this.

IDDQD
IDKFA
IDCLIP