Can we get an offical response about an offline mode from the community manager

Yeah, I understand that. Mostly I’ll have to wait and see. I won’t damn the game out the gates if it ships without offline options, but it is a deterrent for me when I have a lot of other options available.

I’ve said my piece, and then some. And then a lot more on it. If they listen, awesome. If not, I’ll wait and see how D4 develops further to see if the online only is tolerable.

3 Likes

true and your opinions follow your needs;

but still, this reason isn’t valid, because going offline for a few % of the potentional playerbase doesn’t cover it.

1 Like

Do you have imperial proof that the percentage is only a few and not worth the time? I’m not saying it is or it isn’t, just that people in that demographic exist and to just shrug them off as inconsequential seems crude.

And my reasons for an offline mode are just as valid as yours stating offline mode shouldn’t exist.

3 Likes

rural population await one future: getting drawn to the big cities;
-i do count their vast minority, if a vast Topic as offline mode is at play.

as an opinion, i respect them all;
-but being right doesn’t exist, being a majority does exist;
-a majority here will change nothing imo, with a few exceptions in decades.

we have fun here, i don’t expect nothing else positive from it.

Hahaha can’t argue the rural population thing overly much, but you’ll be surprised just how many people out in those places have no intention to ever move to a city. On the plus side, I have more work that way with a well paid amount of travel XD

As to those telling me to give up, I’m a vocal minority: I’m willing to give it a shot regardless. Those that were against Primal V1 (myself included) were being told to give it up, that we were ‘a stupidly vocal minority’ against something that would have been bad for D3. I see this as no different, I think leaving offline mode out is a bad move. If I don’t put my feedback in saying what I genuinely believe is going to be good for the game, who will? I have nothing to lose, and potentially a fair amount to gain in the attempts if Blizzard reconsiders.

2 Likes

The fact that you think Blizzards decision making process for offline/online for all their games for the past 10 years has been “just absent-mindly brushing it aside” is somewhat baffling.

I find it baffling they got rid off offline mode for their games. I mean, it makes sense for games like World of Warcraft and Hearthstone. Haven’t played much HotS, but it does allow computer opponents so an offline option is technically possible.

I mean, why punish every player that liked offline because of the offenses of a few? It makes no sense at all.

Going that route, should they punish all players in D3 because bots exist, or just the players that use bots? Since bots are typically used to farm to help in the season, perhaps they should strip season play away, as a punishment to the botters. Since the competition aspect would be gone, the few botters would be less inclined to bot. Those that continue to bot would not affect any other players.

Of course, that last paragraph would make no sense at all. Yet that is what was done to players that like offline mode. It’s been stripped from us because of the actions of others.

4 Likes

they know best
that makes sense
so it is no punishment

So if they, for example, decide to remove public games and made it so you can only play games with people on your friends list. This would stop random botters from ruining the game for others after all as they can’t join pubs and start botting. If a botter is in your game, you’re friends with them so that’s on you, and you should be banned as guilty by association if they’re caught. You’d be OK with that?

3 Likes

Cars must yield to pedestrians.

1 Like

A few?

Game publishers went away for all sorts of reasons over the last 20/30 years.

Piracy is just one of the reasons we can’t have nice things.

Yes, a few. Odds are if you could compare the numbers of legit players to cheaters, the cheaters would have a significantly small number compared to players that are honest.

And if removing offline mode is to stop cheaters (which still punishes honest players), what’s the next step since cheaters and pirating still exist in online only games?

5 Likes

(which still destroy MP competition and LB…offline and online)

we can’t answer that;
-some of the pirating/cheating of D2 seems to be tolerated, or those servers can’t be found or prosecuted.
-also it’s a balancing act between trust, justice, income, security, budget, etc.

And people have never been run over by cars ever?

I never said that.

I simply said, essentially, that vehicles must yield to pedestrians. Fact.

They already told you your money isn’t worth it to them to keep the game online. Not sure why you keep insisting you need them to reconfirm this another time.

1 Like

It was never about stopping cheaters, it was about slowing them down and promoting their online ecosystem. Again, things they have stated in the past.

2 Likes

It’s time for this thread to go to the elephant graveyard and die already.

1 Like

Agreed. This has gone way far off topic and is well beyond constructive.

There are other less deconstructive threads on the same topic. You’re welcome to continue this discussion in an appropriate thread.

3 Likes