Can Someone Offer Advice with my R6 HOTA Build?

I could really used some advice with where to go from here.

I’m trying to follow the sticky, and I’m having trouble staying alive after cubing the CoE. Also cubed is nemesis.

The guide says to cube Aquila for the DR. That may have something to do with your survivability.

Also I just checked your profile and you aren’t using Pride of Cassius, you aren’t using Gavel of Judgement in the cube, your passives are way different too so you really aren’t following the guide at this point.

You also haven’t used gifts on your weapons so that really hurts.

Yeah… reread the sticky better. You have quite a bit that you need to adjust.

Hi Woerner.

As others have pointed out, you aren’t following the guide.

Thing is, you can’t try and get close to the suggested items and rolls. You need the exact specific items with the exact specific rolls. Unless the guide mentions it, substitutions aren’t allowed. For example, you’re using Vanished Peak in the Cube, but that’s for a Slam build, not HOTA; you need Gavel of Judgment in the Cube or your HOTA deals no damage! You also can’t use Nemesis in the build!

So, for you, step 1 is to read the New Player’s guide: [Guide] New + Returning Player's Guide (Season 20)

That will explain the basics of gear and rolls, because a lot of your gear is more or less garbage and shouldn’t be used–at least not for pushing. After you’ve read that and farmed better gear, re-read the R6 HOTA guide, and pay close attention to the sections that detail gear and game play. The build is very tricky to master, and if you don’t play it 100% perfect, you won’t deal any damage.

If you’re a new player, you may want to shelve R6 HOTA until you have more gear and skill. In the meantime, I recommend Fire EQ or IK HOTA – both are easy to play and provide a lot of bang for the buck.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for all the very detailed answers.

I just completely overlooked cubing my gavel.

I guess playing to much its getting hard to focus and remember everything. I stayed up super late last night.

And I have a slight brain injury from a bomb I get pretty fuzzy sometimes.

I’m going to look into the EQ or IK HOTA builds to see if I can use those to gear up quicker for the time being. I might like the play style better anyway. But zipping around with the charge sure is fun as hell.

2 Likes

Yeah. The IK HOTA is much easier and much more forgiving when super tired and playing long hours watching netflix… lol.

If you like zipping around with charge also check out Vile Charge. Once you get the damage rolling with it it’s pretty damn fun.