Can someone explain the concept of equipment sets?

The adventure mode is unlocked to seasonal characters during season. You don’t need to complete story mode. Most (almost all) of the seasonal quests need to be done in adventure mode. Remind to read the seasonal journey by pressing SHIFT+J.

That was what I did in vanilla D3, but as the game evolved, the most efficient way is to level up one char to 70 first. Use this char to farm materials. Use the materials to craft/gamble gears on other chars.

Yeah i saw that. Most of the leveling on my season character has been on adventure mode. I haven’t even finished Act 1 yet. Are you saying i only have to beat the boss at the end of Acts 2,3,4 to get the full gift? Do i need to be L70 When i beat them and/or claim the gift?

It sounds like you are in the campaign, rather than adventure mode. If you don’t see an obelisk in town, with Orek standing beside it, or see Kadala nearby, then you aren’t in Adventure mode.

The season journey chapters are completely different than the story Acts. You can open the season journey by clicking the icon in the top right corner of the screen, or by pressing Shift-J. It will show you the objectives of the current chapter.

Thanks for pointing out the season journey. Ive seen it but not ever paid attention to it. I jump around on my 8 Characters so much i really don’t know what mode my season character is in at the moment. Cant look now im at work. So im guessing the path to the gift in in those journey chapters?

Yes, when you complete the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chapters, you will get a Haedrig’s gift in the mail. Each gift will contain 2 pieces of the free set, so after opening all 3 gifts, you will have a full set. Note that you only get one set of gifts per season. This is especially important if you play multiple seasonal characters, as the set pieces will be for the class of the character that opens the gift.

My bad, I should have pointed that out. I didn’t look at his profile - I assumed he had lvl 70 toons.

That is very good to know. So the level or class of the character that achieves the gift doesn’t matter. Just who opens them. Only 1 gift per season per account so next and perhaps last question, and i know this can be subjective … which class has the best set?

The choice gift set for this Season is probably Barb, though the DH set is still a popular one.
As with any set, the supporting legendaries are crucial to making it perform at the higher levels.

I’m partial to DH, and this season free set is the Unhallowed Essence, which is a versatile set that can do it all. The only problem is that the UE set dungeon isn’t easy. But once you have a set and can run high torment rifts and GRs, the pieces for the other sets will fall regularly, and any of the other DH set dungeons are pretty easy.

I recommend the Marauders set dungeon. Ridiculously easy - don’t let anything in melee range and have 3 sentries up at all times. Watch out for the Rock Worms! EZ enuff to avoid, just keep eye on mini-map, they show as skulls where they are about to burst through. Use vault carefully so as not to tumble into one by accident.

I think currently , Diablo 3 match every normal computer…

Personally, I have an easier time with the Unhallowed Essence dungeon, but that’s my favorite DH set, so take it for what it’s worth.