Can have a buff to Teleport in Patch 2.7?

That makes sense.

20 chars

Imo, the only change I would want to see made to cosmic strand would be that it gives a generic damage buff for every teleport made, while still retaining the wormhole rune benefit.

For example:

• Teleport gains the effect of the wormhole rune. Increase your damage by 5% for 15 seconds every time you teleport. This effect stacks 10 times.

Also itā€™d be nice if teleport (non-archon version) also scaled with attack speed.

1 Like

Maybe The Oculus and Cosmic Strand can get merged into a single Legendary.

The Oculus

• Reduces cooldown of Teleport( by 1ā€“4 seconds.
  • Taking damage has up to a 15ā€“20% chance to reset the cooldown on Teleport and Teleport gains the Effect of the Wormhole rune

Then Cosmic Strand could become the Black Hole legendary.

This is rather an effect I would like to see on a rune for Teleport in one way or another. Maybe replace Reversal with it.

• deal 15% increased damage for ~7 seconds after using Teleport.

ā€¦ or something like that, maybe with a longer duration, but lower damage multiplier so that it stacks as you have suggested it, dunno, could work both ways.

Yeah, that would be nice.

2 Likes

Yeah, I could settle for replacing reversal. I honestly donā€™t see much use for it outside of probably some fun tatic.

1 Like

I added the suggestion that Teleport should scale with your attack speed to my original post.

Yeah, I also have never seen anyone use it.

I definitely do like the idea that if Teleport gets a resource cost, that the Wormhole rune gets redesigned to reduce the resource costs and the Reversal rune redesigned to remove the resource costs and add 3 chargesā€¦

ā€¦ and if Teleport gets 2 charges without resource cost, that the Wormhole runes gets redesigned to give a third charge and the Reversal rune redesigned to remove the charges and add a resource cost.

But an increase of damage for a few seconds after you Teleported is also acceptable.

maybe they could introduce a new item lets say a ring or even better a shoulder and add

teleport gets the effect of wormhole rune
reduces cooldown of Teleport by 4ā€“6 seconds

so we dont have to use weapon slot for acctually using teleport

my 2 cents

There already are such items:

Cosmic Strand
The Oculus

And even if they would make a shoulder piece for that, it would still take away a piece of gear from many of the Wizardā€™s set builds, not even speaking of rings, which are very powerful.

No, the base skill of Teleport needs a redesign, either so that it has 2 Charges with an 8 second Recharge Time (and the Wormhole rune granting a 3rd Charge), or Teleport costing 35 Arcane Power, or by lowering the Cooldown to ~6-7 seconds.

All of that can be done rather easily and quickly, including disabling the old affixes on The Oculus etc.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s true. But I think we will easily agree on the fact that both sources are garbage with only very niche use. Anyhow, as you suggested yourself earlier, if we merge their beneficial effects, add a little something and bake them into a single gear piece (armor slot) things would look different. That new item could be shoulders, pants, bracers or boots. Doesnā€™t matter for now, Iā€™ll go with boots for the time being:

War Traveler: [legendary boots - wizard only]
+Main Stat
+8-10% to cooldown reduction
+4-6 to pickup radius
+3 random primary affixes

Teleport gains the Wormhole and Safe Passage runes effects and has its cooldown reduced by X seconds. Your pickup radius increases the maximum distance of Teleport. Safe Passage now lets you move unhindered and increases your movement speed by 25%. [regarding the affix range: 5-8 seconds?]

See what I did there? This is a mobility item on a mobility related slot. It would work and it would be useful. It combines the strength of Oculus (flat CDR) and Cosmic Strand (Wormhole) and adds something (Safe Passage, increased range and extra movement) on top of that. Not to mention a CDR affix on boots, which can also be useful for other stuff. Itā€™s meant to be a strong item, but I donā€™t think that would be too much.

In return the sources could then be reworked to support other underpowered skills, which is a better solution compared to having three (!) sub-par weapon and offhand items for Teleport - I mean we are talking about the important slots we need for our damage hereā€¦ using them for non-damage skills is (and always has been) a failed design, especially these days.

But Iā€™m with you that the more thorough approach would be to fix the issues on the skill level first, especially Teleportā€™s ugly pathing and the micro cooldown are really annoying.

1 Like

I agree.

Shoulders and Pants would definitely better than Ring as Freya suggested as one of the options.

Bracers and Boots have the issue that there are already quite powerful items, like Ashnagarā€™s for improved Energy Shield, or Ice Climbers for the Stone Gauntlet Combo, and for a Meteor build there is Nilfurā€™s.

Helm is also not a good option due to Leoricā€™s Crown, ā€¦ and who knows, maybe Velvet Camaral getā€™s buffed to make an Electrocute build viable.

All slots that take away things from a set would be kinda annoying, just to make Teleport reasonably useful.

If there is a Teleport legendary that is more focused on LoD builds, I would say it should be Pants or Chest Armor. With Pants you would loose Swamp Land Warders, but that just is a ~15% damage loss. A new legendary Chest for Teleport would compete with Cindercoat, but that would only be bad for Fire builds, but still.

I agree on that as well. One of the items could be used to give you xxx% increased damage for x seconds after having used Teleport, probably Aetherwalker.

Cosmic Strand kinda fits thematically for buffing Black Hole.

Not sure what The Oculus could do that fits its theme. Maybe something generic or maybe something with Mirror Image.

One issue that the devs might run into could be legacy versions of The Oculus. E.g. if Teleportā€™s CD gets reduced to 6 seconds on the base skill and then legacy versions of The Oculus subtract 4 seconds from it, you are down to a 2 second CD, which might be OP.

Theoretically they could simply disable that affix in one way or another or add +100 to Level Requirement to the Special Affix of legacy versions of The Oculus to disable to whole item.

The Illusionist Passive might also need a rework if Teleport gets Charges or costs Arcane Power instead of having a Cooldown.

Maybe instead of resetting Teleportā€™s Cooldown, it now could simply give e.g. 20% CDR and/or 20% RCR to Teleport and make you move faster after having used Teleport.

On Blood Rush, the pathing is no different. I tested that several times.
Not sure if Dashing Strike also has that issue (Dashing Strike basically is Teleport).

If Dashing Strike also has this issue, then they had to rewrite the code instead of just copying it over to Teleport (and hopefully the damage component of Dashing Strike is in a separate section of the code than the pathing, so that the pathing can be copied and pasted over to Teleport and Blood Rush).

I canā€™t remember what exactly, but it was something like that the Micro Cooldown only existed when Aether Walker was Equipped, or something like that.

Maybe on the Wormhole rune there already is not Micro Cooldown, dunno, I currently canā€™t remember, but there is something you can do in a niece setup where Teleport has no Micro Cooldown. I am too tired to remember it at the moment, but I know there is something like that.

As long as any change for the better occurs I am all for it no matter the solution.

@Lexa
I was typing this at the same time, plus an afk, as your and Cluesos last postā€™s. Loved the item suggestion and you did more than one thing there :smiley: they were among my favorites in some long lost past :wink:

@Clueso thanks for bringing this up again, personally I get frustrated whenever I try to play my wizard thanks to the state of this spell.

1 Like