Can a more experienced player explain something to me?

I love the Unhallowed Essence set and as I’ve mentioned in other threads, I’m working on a 117 clear out of season. I’m right around 2475 or so paragon or not quite 2500 paragon.

I believe my gear is pretty good, or at least it’s been complemented by players when I play public bounty games. As mentioned before I’m running the Gizzard/Squirt’s Crimson’s build.

I know I can clear 117 because I can get the RG to spawn in right around a minute left on the timer, so I only need to be a bit quicker on getting him to spawn so I have time to kill him without Bane of the Stricken.

Here’s my problem:

I can’t group up enemies worth a damn. I also have the problem where I don’t scout for pylons because elites, at least one and sometime 2 or three are between me and the usual pylon spawn points. Or at least the points that I’ve memorized though I’m sure there’re more in places in other parts of the map but those places always take me to dead ends where again elites will spawn long before I would get to those pylon spawn points.

My question is, how would I go about grouping up mobs with UE and keep them grouped up for quicker kill time? Is there some trick to it that I can’t figure out? Is it because I’m not going for those out of the way pylon spawn points so I might only get 1 or 2 pylons? Some kind of combination?

Or is it, god forbid, that I’m just not experienced enough and need more paragon or something along those lines?

Anyway, if someone could post a video or something about how to group enemies with UE or explain in text, that would be great.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

1 Like

Send me a message in game. Would be a lot easier to do a back and forth with you there.

Okay. I’ll see you in game when I get on later today or tomorrow. I’m fixing to hit the sack here in a little bit.

Oh wow, where are you from?

I have the day off so hit me up whenever.

I’m from Wisconsin, but I have bi-polar disorder so sometimes I don’t sleep regular like everyone else. Like today, I’ve been up since 5:00 yesterday evening. I’m not really tired but I have to basically force myself to sleep or might be up to around midnight or later tonight.

1 Like

Ah ok. Understood.

I believe RedCell is in Wisconsin as well. DMKT and I live a little over 2 hours from each other, I’ve been saying we should meet up for some drinks or something sometime.

1 Like

Hey there!

I truely love my UE DH aswell. Every season i enjoy it to play UE like 99% of the time.
As iam talking…i have just rounded with a GR120 , also with my DH, playing Fire Multishot, with only 1280 Paragon.

Fire, 0 AD on gear, max level of gems 116, 100’s augments.

All i can say is:

If you want to collect, don’t shoot with Multishot. Because of our passive you will permanently slow them, immensly!
This is counterproductive, if you simply wanna position them.
You will lose damage for sure and you can allways gather them up with shooting, but my from my expirience, better pull with “Evasive Fire” .

You get a 100% guaranteed pylon spawn at 33% GR progress. So, if you clear an uncovered area and run into a covered area where you have seen some pylons, there will likely be always one, but to make sure it happens, get to that 33% mark

However, you can always face a pylon before that mark, lower chance, but it can happen.

Nothing more, that comes to my mind.

Try to collect them without permanently MS-shooting them.
Once they are stacked up, you will see it was worth it.

Hope it helps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT 1:

I like to play with the defense rune of “Evasive Fire”, to further increase my toughness.
And…for pushing, iam not a friend of Squirts Amulet, if you get a bad mobtype it won’t be active anyway, the Pylon-Amulet, is allways there, if you face a pylon. 2min shields, 1min conduit will greatly enhance your progress in dense woods, deserts or battlefields.

Just a personal opinion…i only use Squirts for Speeds up to 115.

EDIT 2:

As for your gem choice… don’t want to imposition a “must have”, but as for me, i couldn’t play the healing-style.
If you wouldn’t wear this amulet, the damage impact on you wouldn’t be so high, that you have to compensate it with a gem + “wrong and impactful” LPS-rolls.

But again… if this is you way to go, do it.

For me, it looks like you sacrifice a lot for basically no gain. Don’t know if this is your push setup you are wearing. :wink:

It actually is my push set up. Well actually, it’s my everything set up.

I’m not sure I know what you mean about sacrificing too much for the build. I think I have all the damage multi-pliers near max. Crit chance and crit dam. I mean. Then I have some decent Area dam. at 109% all totaled.

The only things I’ve sacrificed is Bane of the Stricken and Vitality.

As far as your 120 clear, that’s pretty impressive especially with only 1280 paragon but I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing.

I’m not trying to do this in Season where the season buff is active but in Non Season. If I’m off base with the assumption that you did that clear in Season with the season buff, just let me know.

Even with all that said, that advice about using Evasive fire to group up mobs, yeah, that might be where my mistake is. Thanks, I’ll definitely give that a try.

w00t. St Louis here! Always down for drinks!

Really, you folks are from Missouri?

I used to live in St. Louis and the Metro East until I moved up here about 15 years ago. Still have family down there.

Im from Pennsylvania, but work mostly relocation contracts. Been in StL for about a year.

1 Like