Burning Carnival Set depends too much on Amulet

Ok this is just a small rant I have with the set. Its totally depends on the Haunted Vision Amulet, without it the set sux. Your so squishy you can’t play above a T5 and your damage is not there. A set should not have to depend on a outside piece, like it is, its a 6 piece set. I am only complaining because no matter how many farm runs I did, it wouldn’t drop. After almost a week it finally rolled. The set should give you the sims without using an amulet.

It does give you the sims, you just have to fall on your sword. If you die, the cooldown is reset and when you respawn, you can cast them again.

As far as your T5 claim, I was easily running T8 with Sage set without HV. With Jesseth (had a hell of a time getting a SotC to drop) plus Shadowhook and Spike, my Bone Spears had plenty of dps to drop mobs and I’d just cast Sims whenever it was available for the extra damage and toughness. I also only had a rank 15 Powerful equipped. Once I got my HV, I went straight to T13 until I can rank some gems up and get better rings.

I spent all of yesterday trying to get the ammy, finally crafted it late last night! I don’t think it should be that rare, I must have farmed, gambled and upgraded about a 100!

I got to t16 with sub 400 paragon without the amulet, I assure you it’s possible since I did it on the first night of the season.

2 Likes

The difficulty level isn’t really the point of the original post. I agree that the set is entirely dependent on Haunted Visions, but I have a theory on why they did that. I assume they didn’t want us to have that slot open for other items because it would make the set too powerful.

Basically, without Haunted Visions, you’re completely hobbled. I still like the set, and I’m about to make one for S22, but I agree with Robray.

I agree with the sentiment. I throw all my resources (shards), DB to roll it. You have to use another set up before you get the Sammy. I use LoD poison nova before I got the ammy. But the Sammy isn’t super rare & it will eventually drop, You can increase your odd by asking if anyone drops a spare in group play.

Maybe make the drop rate for the ammy higher

1 Like

Actually in non-seasonal the set isn’t that oped. Its just that the set is way too depended on the amulet to operate as intended. I can see outside pieces enhancing the build, but in this case, like BlessedWrath stated, the set is hobbled. The point I am trying to make is that when the devs make a set, then the set doesn’t live up to expectations, they band-aid the set instead of fixing the set. This what I would have done, let the set give you sims like the amulet, then made an amulet that would have given the damage like the bracers. Then made a bracers that would help all sets, example: more damage to minions.

No point in playing the set without the amulet. The simulacrums do triple the damage you do, not to mention the bracers.

1 Like

Just collect a lot of gems to craft lvl 70 amulets and then upgrade them with DBs.

Should be able to craft them with around 500 DBs.

You can also gamble amulets and upgrade them using same method.

Yes, but I think the OP wasn’t focusing so much on how rare it is as much as the fact it’s 99% of the build in one item. Two points made, but one more important than the other in my opinion.

Maybe they should place the duration extension on the set, and move the “all runes” aspect to Haunted Visions. There would still be a benefit in acquiring the amulet, but you wouldn’t be unavoidably gated behind one piece.

2 Likes

Or, on revival, auto-cast Simulacrum if slotted on the skill bar and no Simulacrum was active.

I agree it is easy to forget to recast Simulacrum when you die, and it might take 1 minute before you understand that, ah, your forgot to recast Simulacrum and that’s why you make no damage. That’s a hell of a frustration.

I suppose you can numlock that, just like Bone armor for Inarius.
But numlock doesn’t work for consoles.

I think its a good idea. Make the amulet useful but not mandatory to start leveling with the set.

Well I goofed when I went for BS as fast as I could, I got Haedrig’s gift and got the full suit, upgraded got the bracers and ect. But as stated the set doesn’t work well without the amulet. No matter how I tried I couldn’t get the RNG Gods to drop or roll me one. Even when I ran with a friend.

1 Like

I still think it’s funny that the build is referred to as “BS”. After seeing how devastating it can be in the right conditions, I think the damage it does is pretty BS too. :smiley:

2 Likes

Same here switched to Lod mages as a stop-gap lol

Its like 90% is the dam amulet, and 10% is the set.

Well you can use the Sims then wait 120 secs to recast after they are gone or like Khord said

Supporting legs are always like that…

Try playing just about ANY DH build with no Dawn (equipped or cubed)…

1 Like

The dawn issue isn’t as bad as Mas set with Haunted vision. Besides, it’s far easier to get dawn by upgrade rare hand X-bow than getting HV ammys.

Beside, you can play pretty much all sets without vengeance, gimped, but playable. But for Mas set, your Damage AND DR both depends on Sims. Big different!

I had myself a pretty satisfying chuckle yesterday, when Haunted Visions dropped for my Wizard. I’d been trying for days to get it for my Necromancer. I did eventually get it for her, but seeing it drop for my Wizard after all that upgrading rare and gambling…that was just salt in the wound.

“RNG!” they all scream. Yeah, I don’t think every item has an equal chance to drop. I think it’s weighted. Disagree if you like, but I’ve seen too much to believe every item has an equal drop chance.

As far as the functionality of the amulet, it seems to me that the Simulacrum was never intended to be used in the same way as the Necromancer’s other summons. They were supposed to be here for a bit, then gone. Now we have a new set which is basically a summon set, and that’s no good if the summoned critter dies in 15s. What to do, what to do…I know! Give an amulet that makes the summons permanent!

…couldn’t we just have had them function like Summon Skeletons? Let 'em die, but have them resummon immediately? The whole thing seems unnecessary to me.

I guess you can call this fair. Necro has a fantastic start each season because of the 2 handed scythes that are in the pool. And there are also very few one handed and offhands to try and upgrade later on so you will more likely find them fast. So it balances is it an a way, right? I also ran this build without the amulet during the first days and i made it work with cooldown on my gear and a couple of cooldown items like messerschimdt or in - geom. Obviously it’s not even close to when you actually find the amulet but at least it worked to some extent when trying to farm these normal rifts.