Bugs/Glitches/Graphics that should be reworked and fixed!

-Game runs at low fps and stutters even with a top-notch rig. Needs optimization.
-Loading screens are way too long. Not everyone has a high-end pc.
-Couple streamers also pointed out that the game looks a little blurry as if there is always a layer of mist. Game needs to look cleaner.
-Some of the skills look more badass on the classic version such as blizzard!
-Character models should be reworked in order to remain faithful to the original game.
(No old characters, no ugliness, no asian assasin hollywood bs, no black crusader- yes true remaster)
-Need rune and gem stacking not for the space but to make it easier to arrange the inventory and for a clean look. At least add this feature as an optional setting to offline.
-Bats get stuck floating in the air. (This bug was also in d2 classic)
-Mobs get stuck in walls. When townportal is used they keep moving.
-When you get frozen you turn turquoise unlike the classic version. (Dark blue in classic) Not to mention the mobs with freeze attribute look turquoise as well and the ones with fire look light red. Mob colors are all lighter and extremely luminous compare to the original. They do not look intimidating but rather like cartoon characters. We need darker mobs.
-When talking to townsfolk quest audios glitch and get muted.
-When try to cast spells in town the charachter walks funny.
-Some steamers complained about the gold pickup range.
-Mercenaries constantly cast their aura spell which is fine but the cast sound effect becomes unbearable after a while. (classic and remaster)

Please mention any bug that you have also noticed.

3 Likes

In maggot lair, one of the tunnels in a corner room appears like a 3 way intersection, but when you toggle the old graphics, it is clearly 2 tunnels leading to a single room.

Just set graphics to “Low”, it will help.

But he was black, as I remember.

4 Likes

[quote=“ZelaS-2645, post:59, topic:28128”]
https://imgur.com/a/gBamdp1

No he’s not.

1 Like

Play the original game and look at him he has dark skin…
There is also a bug that crashes game when you telekinesis portal in town.

3 Likes

But he was. Check original renders. His skin is literally black. How do I post links here? I can give you a proof.

He looked like someone from India maybe. And new look like one too.

3 Likes

I think that will work. Here you go, friend!

https://imgur.com/97NKoma

https://imgur.com/MCLP2ZM

Yup. Pally was always black. There were tons of racist nicknames on Paladins back in the day.

3 Likes

I am liking this post for accuracy, not for the racist nicknames…but boy, were there ever.

Also…Crusader? lolz… been a while for this gent I guess.

2 Likes

Liked for this part. The part about people being jerks…grrr. Throw them in the fires of Hell (diablo style).

With reporting being a thing, I doubt that stuff like that will fly today. Probably modernized filters too. I think D3 actually had an optional chat filter for language, been awhile though since I actually used the chat function in it.

The chat filter is there to let parents protect kids, but it does not mean Blizz allows profanity. Much like a bullet proof vest stops shots, but you can’t shoot someone.

Right click report is a easy function on modern bnet. It attaches all the server and chat logs along with bnet account info in the report without a player having to make a ticket.

We shall have to see if they have the cheating option enabled for D2R or not. They do for other games. It depends on what logging they have going for D2R as to what they can take action on.

Almost like it’s a alpha or something :thinking:

Why am I being called a jerk now??? Here is a couple more accurate models made by a fan. You will see what I mean. I am not a racist. I can’t even be racist. I live in a middle eastern country guys christs sake…

Like living in a middle eastern country is somehow an antidote to racism…lmao.

For the record, I’m not calling you racist, it’s just terrible logic.

It’s an alpha; of course their going to be graphical jank.
‘Alpha’ means ‘Barely playable’, for the most part.

Hey smartass I don’t think you got the point I’m not white. The crusader looks middle eastern I know cos I am one. He isnt white or black.

The character model is just not accurate. You guys are judging people without knowing about what they even mean.

Non-white people can absolutely be racist. This idea that you can’t be racist because of your skin tone needs to be shot down everywhere we see it.

1 Like

Thanks for reposting my fan art thread.

However, I think it is pretty well established that the Paladin has always been black, and the top-voted Paladin edit I made was #3 which is even one of the darker skinned edits. (All of the edits were still black men). And the image you linked as evidence has clearly been edited to appear brighter.

I have opened up my own D2 and taken a screenshot to show you; as well as grabbed HD character renderings of the D2 Paladin directly, and included the Edit of mine that I think most people preferred.

https://i.imgur.com/c3OBS2w.png

The Paladin’s is also voiced by a black man, Larry B. Scott

2 Likes

Hey great list of bugs, could you actualy post them in my older topic too? I will check them later and add them to my list of old bugs as new stuff to fix in D2R.