*bug* crusader game breaking

Spiker shield not working with invoker set.

Vo’Toyias Spiker is a legendary shield in DIABLO III.

Enemies will take double damage from thorns when effected by the crusader skill provoke, and also some that deal damage based on Thorns ie Hack.

The thorn set for crusader does NOT apply this increased damage thorn effect to the Invoker 6-piece bonus which applies your thorn damage to attacks, with a description identical to hack which does apply it.

Please investigate the way Vo’Toyias Spiker interacts with hack and replicate it to the invoker 6 piece to remove this bug.
Thanks.

4 Likes

I can confirm this bug has been going on for a couple of years already and I’m still disappointed it hasn’t been addressed to this current day after many many attempts to get the devs attention.

Please fix it for this patch and the thorns crusader will be fun to play again!

2 Likes

Invoker 6pc does not do thorns damage. It’s a ranged physical attack that derives its base damage from your thorns stat. It’s more of a misleading tooltip than a bug.

So why dies hack dmg increase when you provoke? Thanks for confirming the bug embers

embers did not confirm this is a bug.

You posted this last PTR. Not working the way you want doesn’t make it a bug. It’s subtle, but the wording of Hack and Invoker 6set are not identical:

• Hack: “x% of your Thorns damage is applied on every attack.”
  • Invoker: “Punish and Slash … deal 15,000% of your Thorns damage to the first enemy hit.”

Hack applies thorns. With Invoker, the damage is done by Punish or Slash, with the amount determined by your thorns. It’s not well-worded, but that’s how it works.

When the devs buffed thorns, they did it by buffing Invokers, not by making a weapon or shield useful. I assume that was deliberate, so I infer Vo’Toyias is working as intended. That makes this a feature request, not a bug report. I would love to have a weapon and/or shield actually meant to work with Invoker, but it does not appear to me that the devs designed Hack or Vo’Toyias with that in mind.

Thanks for confirming bug exists hopefully get some action soon!