Buff Firebirds finery

Hi buff 6/6 Firebirds finery not working on pc with arcane torrent flame/weapon ignite & meteor shower.

I havenā€™t touched firebird in a while, and while i canā€™t be sure a bug was introduced, you may just need to use 2 skills manually to ignite, meteor proc from etched sigil will not count towards burning effect.

1 Like

Imo, firebird doesnā€™t just need a buff, it needs a rework.

2 Likes

Agreed. The set needs rework rather than just buff. Gaining and maintaining stacks currently requires an idiotic playstyle. Merely trying ignite and burn trash is very inefficient, one needs to ignite an elite and drag it around. Thatā€™s stupid.

The 6 piece bonus should be flat damage and mitigation buff without gimmicks attached to it.

2 Likes

Somehow it Works in ps4 i just checked With same build and abilities how for godsake are the damage buffs not working on pc?
And Without kiting an frigging elite around.

Iā€™m not sure how you made it work on PS4, but generally speaking, you need ACTIVE abilities in order to inflict the burns. Magic Weapon - Ignite shouldnā€™t work. Thereā€™s any number of other possible sources, thoughā€¦ just change your build a touch.

ā€¦but yeah, itā€™s a terrible set. Incinerating trash-mobs takes too damn long! And while it can dispose of bosses and elites quite quicklyā€¦ well, so can Tal Rasha, especially with the appropriate boots, and that can ALSO bulldoze through trash-mobs at the speed of lightning (and fire, and ice, and arcane mightā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:) A possible solution - without robbing it of what makes it unique - would be for the ā€˜stacksā€™ you get from incinerating regular mobs to linger for a lengthy period, allowing you to gradually build up a long-term buff as you burn your way through a dungeon. But thatā€™s just my five goldā€¦

While sitting on ā€œthe throneā€ I started to think about this set and how to improve it. Hereā€™s some preliminary thoughts.

Firstly, just simplify the set. Remove the idiotic need to ignite enemies.

Secondly, letā€™s take a closer look at the set bonuses and how Iā€™d change them.
2-piece: Keep the original, the free revive is fine.
4-piece: While Hydra is active, reduce damage taken by X%. Or Casting Hydra reduces damage taken by X% for Y seconds.
6-piece: Increases the damage of fire skills by 8k-10%.
All numbers can be tweaked.

The whole purpose of this is simplify things, to make Firebird a proper fire mage set while removing completely unnecessary gimmicks. And throw Hydra in the mix. If also some support items get buffed/redesigned, who knows what builds people could make out of this.

Considering that hydra was a staple skill in some of the early firebird builds, this suggestion is pretty ideal imo.

I disagree. It certainly needs a buff or rework but keep damage over time effect and make it viable. Donā€™t switch it to flat damage and make it like every other set. Its nice to have some unique and fun things to work with. But I agree the set needs something. 4000% damage in a world of LoD and 8k sets is not enough. Iā€™m not asking for 8k on this setā€¦it does have damage over time, but at least make the max stacks on the buff easier to apply and maintain

Fried Chicken aka Firebird needs at least 15000%, if not 20000% fire damage, given how annoying the set mechanics are in general. Whoever designed this crapā€¦ to tar and feather them would be a fitting punishment.