Brushing up on the Barb S21

So after trying the new necro set on the Ptr Ive decided its not worth wasting my time on and I want to meet up with an old friend again. A LOD Hota barb to be specific. Having not mained a barb in several seasons, is there any reason not to play a barb? As in can I complete gr 120 or so on HC ? I see barbs get Mote Ill go with a fire Leapquake early and transition to LOD --> [LOD Hota]

edit - well it wont let me post links so its an - Icy Veins HOTA build basically

Barb is life. Lets do a barb, because you want to.

1 Like

There’s a stickied LON/LOD Fire HOTA guide in this forum. Use that. Not much has changed aside from swapping LON for LOD.

1 Like

Well Damn - I logged on the non season with my old barb and tried HOTA and I was struggling to get a 85 GR … Im at a loss - 10 minutes till ladder and not sure I want to go with HOTA >…

LOD HOTA is significantly weaker than Rend, and slightly weaker than ProSlam. IK HOTA is weaker still.

I have a well-geared LoD HotA barb on my profile it you want something easy to reference. I’ve done gr126 with it, and I’m not that skillful.

It is an absolute beast to gear, fair warning…

Edit: looking at your NS character, you’re missing some key pieces, like mortics and remorseless. Also you should try endless walk jewelry instead of EoE and unity. You don’t need illusory boots in the cube if you have furious charge, merciless assault. Put mortics in there pronto. Ditch magefist for IK gauntlets, and the switch IKBB to remorseless/EF.

Make those changes and gr100 should be easy.

1 Like

Well I was making a Hota barb and when I woke up I was dead in a rift so I remade and went WW with Rend… SO far so good - only completed a 77GR at this time but my gems and gear are not totally optimised yet…