Browsing this forum sometimes makes me lose hope in human intelligence

Obviously, online video game forums tend to be toxic places where anonynous individuals can voice their most unpleasant and unfiltered opinions largely without fear of real life consequences. But it’s really not the toxicity that gets to me, since anyone who browses enough internet discussions inevitably becomes indifferent to most of it.

What really impresses me is what appears to be a complete absence of any trace of intelligent or critical thinking that is on frequent display here. Almost every popular thread degenerates into pointless name-calling, debates filled with illogical arguments, emotionally-charged false dichotomies, and pointless derailing of conversations. It is indeed unfortunate that the ability to hold rational discourse in a focused and civil manner is rapidly disappearing from the public space.

I come here every once in a while to see what the larger community is talking about, and every time I’m impressed by the amout of bad arguments and pointless vitriol that so many valuable threads turn into.

My kudos to the community manager, devs, and MVPs for reading through these threads every day and keeping their composure.

4 Likes

Closing down based on this thread having zero substance and no actionable feedback towards the game itself.

-kudos-

11 Likes