[BROKEN] FIREBIRD on Consoles

The current Patch brings back the firebird set piece numbers but removes the mirror image interaction.

While this solves the issue for PC, Consoles will still suffer from an old broken mechanic: Casting twisters while channeling!.

This mechanic makes the Firebird way stronger compared to PC and causes the game to drop the frame rate significantly which causes the game to lag extremely.

This issue makes the Firebird stronger than anything and is a cancer for the game experience since its release!

following link showcase: (compare video lenght and game time)

• frame rate drop start: 00:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8OVw8aBi4

other video:

• time 03:28 _ Ingame time goes backwards, from 14:16 to 14:17

Conclusion:

• Firebird - twister on Console several times stronger (~ 15+ GRs)
  • Twisters causing the game to lag heavily
  • No other options because Firebird is unrivaled

Solution:

• remove interaction twisters procing Firebird set, or
  • remove casting twisters while channeling
  • rework Deathwish

I hope we (the community) will be heard and please support this topic.strong text

9 Likes

great detailed post! hope this will be seen. your suggestions for solutions also make sense

Pls Blizzard fix the firebird for console

2 Likes

Sorry…

But seeing your rant makes me want to test this to see if it’s a good alternative for Mirror images on PC… Lol

Well, for console and for a quick fix it might be due to remove Twisters from triggering FB6, at least for the time being. But in the long run I would object to such a solution.

The set is already very unfun and inconsistant. See, the FB6 description is a steaming pile of lies. You know, it clearly states

“Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals…”

Now, why does Mammoth Hydra, which clearly is a non-channeling fire spell, not work. Same for Blazing Hydra. Unruned Hydra can, though… Blizzard Apocalypse is a fire spell. It does not work. They don’t work because DoTs can’'t trigger FB which is understandable to a degree but this means they already limit our options for the set way too much. Do not to forget that they will be axing all pet attacks, which is not limited to Mirror Images but also applies to unruned Hydra. Given that most of our spenders can’t trigger FB6 efficiently it would make sense to just limit the set to hitting with a signature skill. For PC player wizards, the only spender that still works is Explosive Blast, but that one has a cooldown and the main support item (Wand of WoH) is useless, because the extra Blasts don’t trigger the set. How lame is that?

Rather than limiting the set further, it should be the opposite. Twisters not interrupting channeling on console should be transferred to PC as well, we need more skills like that, not less. Then Deathwish needs the well deserved nerf (a wrecking ball style one so that it won’t ever cause trouble in the future again). And finally I would strongly ask for Wand of Woh extra Blasts being allowed to trgger FB6.

Instead of limiting the options, we should ask for more options. They might listen this time… maybe. I have not much hope, but still. I hate to see the set becoming something you can only use with Spectral Blades.

its crazy how different they are on consoles vs PC

Hi Asuma, it works well on the PS5 - no delays/lags , and if you have any problem with this build, you can play any other builds.

1 Like

You are missing the point completely…the double skill buttons, the tornadoes no despawning and the framerate drp, which DO occur on PS5 as it is not a hardware issue but a game engine bug means more tornados are out and therefore more damage.

There is zero difference in D3 on a PS5 or a PS4 Pro with SSD.

But the fact remains that hardware is not the issue, the console version allows the things above, coupled with the game engine allowing more tornados means that the unnerf of Firebirds means this build smashes a GR150 in 7 mins on a normal Season and will be sub 5 mins in S25 on Console.

Any Wizard build that can use tornados wins the game.

1 Like

this is nothing in comparison with broken items on PS4/PS5, check the leaderboard,
on console you do not play for the ranking,
if you like PC builds - play them

I’m not sure what you mean in context of your previous point and reply.

I mention nothing about the hacked/modded gear on the PS4/PS5 leaderboards (which are the same as it is just the PS4 version running on PS5…there is no specific PS5 version).

This topic is about the Firebirds set and the Whirlwind mechanic on Console making Firebird Wizards insanely strong which is not the design of it.

I mean - firebirds build is nothing compared with leaderboards problem,
why do you need this nerf ?
you can play any builds, it is good to have diversity in skills select.

Some us are playing FB MI shields on consoles, rather than than the stronger twister variant.

Will this proposal screw us too?

You are screwed no matter what, since they update (nerf) the set - so that pets can’t trigger the 6 piece any longer.

1 Like

yeah. All good, one more character save to delete and free up for a game that I will mostly likely rarely play from s25 onwards.

While this is true, not everybody owns a PS5 and more importantly, from a competitive standpoint, everybody plays on purpose on ps4 because the lag improves your clear potential drasticly.

True, and thats why we dont want an extrem outlier with a toxic playstyle

Apprechiate the responses

Definitely spells a problem when it takes 8 mins for the grift time to go down 2 mins.