Broken Crown not working on follower

I have equipped an emerald inside of the Broken Crown and placed it on my Follower. However, emeralds do not drop when other gems do, as the legendary power says it should.

Not a bug, works as Intended…

4 Likes

Not this one. Again. For the 3,000th time… YOUR helm, YOUR helm, YOUR helm! NOT your FOLLOWER’S helm (it doesn’t matter whether the follower is wearing it or not). Think about it this way - Broken Crown works as a power from Kanai’s Cube…Now obviously Kanai’s Cube isn’t wearing a gem in it’s helm, is it? Same thing.

Emanates means the power ‘flows’ to you: you are getting the power, not your follower. That’s when emanate means - flow out, emit, spread forth, radiate, etc…

1 Like

I appreciate the information, however, if a post annoys you - don’t respond. While this may be old news to you, it may very well be new news to someone else. The attitude in your response wasn’t necessary.

I appreciate your shedding light on this issue being on my understanding of the functionality of the object. If you see any other posts from me that annoy you, I would appreciate it if you did not respond at all if you are unable to do so without the attitude.

Thanks

4 Likes

Sorry if my attitude offends you, just that it is tiresome seeing this ‘bug’ reported over and over and over and over… If people would just read what an item says. Same issue regarding the Stone Gauntlets. Players put them on without reading what they do, wonder why their hero suddenly stops moving and can’t attack, then rush to the forums to report a ‘bug’.

There aren’t very many true ‘bugs’ in the game. 98% of reported bugs are usually due to player misunderstanding.

The stickied Blizzard thread - How to Write a Good Bug Report - says this…

The information about how the Broken Crown works via emanation was added to the stickied Things That Are NOT Bugs thread in April 2021. Despite that, we continue to have threads misreporting the functionality as being bugged, which it isn’t. Indeed, there have been 33 threads misreporting it since the stickied thread was updated.

I suspect Nefertiri’s frustration got the better of him/her, as the Broken Crown and Stone Gauntlets are the two most frequently mis-reported things that are not bugs, despite there being stickies for people to consult before posting advising why they are not bugged.

I can appreciate that. I am not very familiar with reporting bugs, or even using the forums. This has a lot to do with why I haven’t checked it, as I am still trying to figure this stuff out. Going forward, I will do more research before reporting a bug. I am a supervisor for a Customer Service group and found the first reply to be a bit offensive. So I apologize for causing the confusion and appreciate all that have replied with helpful information.

Thanks again! :slight_smile: