Broken crown broken crown

BROKEN CROWN
Head

Legendary Helmet

54 - 71

Armor

Secondary

Nests (1)
When finding any gem, the hero also finds a gem of the same type as the one inserted into the helmet. This effect does not apply to legendary gems.
the same type as inserted into the helmet
the same type as inserted into the helmet

why the hell does not a ruby fall out when it stands in a hole ???

The crown dupes (well, not exactly) whatever gem your character, not the follower, has socketed.

2 Likes

Because your Barbarian does not have a Ruby in her Helm. (You are getting Diamonds instead, right?)

Emanates = Extra Cube Slot.

2 Likes

The emanated power is given to your hero, not to your follower. This means the colour of the extra gems is based on which gem is in your hero’s helm, not your follower’s helm.

This is not a bug.

1 Like

I’d actually argue that it would be a bug based on the text - mostly because I don’t want more diamonds!

Use Kanai’s Cube to convert the diamonds into whatever you are needing. Not a bug.

1 Like

Based on what text?

Broken Crown

• Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops. This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems.

It has nothing to do with what Gem is in the Broken Crown. It’s all about what Gem is in YOUR Helm.

How do you think it works if you put the Broken Crown in the Cube and your wearing a different Helm?

Equipping the Broken Crown (Emanates) on your Follower works the same way it does if you put it in the Cube.

This is not a bug.

3 Likes

Broken Crown on a follower doesn’t work as designed (or so I believe). It is supposed to produce a gem of a color that matches the color of the inserted gem. My enchantress (follower) has a red gem inserted into the crown. Whenever a gem of another color is dropped, I don’t see any red gems dropped. Moreover, my barbarian character has a white gem in his helmet but no white gems are dropped either.

No, it’s not.

As stated multiple times in this thread, and in the stickied Things That Are NOT Bugs thread, the emanated power produces extra gems to drop whose colour matches that of the gem in YOUR helm, i.e. your hero’s helm, not your follower’s helm.

It’s completely irrelevant what gem (if any) is in your follower’s helm. Heck, you could even re-roll the socket in your follower’s Broken Crown (so it’s impossible for there to be a colour match) and you’d still get extra gems if your hero has a gem in their helm.

This is working as described and intended.
This is NOT a bug.

2 Likes

NO !   IT’S NOT !

I don’t know how many times we have to explain this.

Are you sure? The next time Gems drop, before you run off, check at your feet. (The extra Gems ALWAYS drop at your Character’s feet).

4 Likes