Broken Crown Broken Again

Using Demon Hunter; Templar wearing Broken Crown, both characters have Amethyst socketed in helms. Had started in Greed’s realm, killed a gem goblin. I normally expect to see a bunch of ‘duplicated’ gems appear around my character as the goblin is killed, but nothing happened. I picked up gems and had only 2-3 Amethyst’s (out of about 20 gems). Popped the helm off and back on Templar and continued, but with same results. Changed helm on Templar, played a bit, then put Broken Crown back on him–but it still doesn’t work. I also left the game and then re-entered, but it made no difference.
This ‘was’ working yesterday–not sure why it’s not working now.

According to your profile, your seasonal DH (Demona) haven’t an amethyst in his helm.

Your Templar doesn’t need to have an amethyst in his helm, except if you want more vitality for him.

Without a video and/or screenshots, it’s hard to say if it’s a real bug or an user error.

Your seasonal DH

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/ShadowKing-1453/hero/137375828

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards this conclusion.

At least on EU servers the Broken Crown was moments ago working correctly.

I’m on the EU servers too, and I’ve no problem with it too.

My favorite version of these threads is during the Haunting of Tristam events (coming soon to a server near you!) with the weird helm socket gem that drops in the event. Every year somebody puts that in their helm and complains they’re not get gem drops.

1 Like