Bring back the weapons for diablo 4

The last diablo 3 was terrible and nothing like the franchise. Just a brand name cash grab in my opinion, I was so disappointed. Looked like a game for 9 year olds, I mean it had some elements to diablo but not really. D1 and D2 was ahead of its time, 3 looked like a game from 2000. Anyway getting to my point on the subject that bothered me the most in D3 was the weapons. The way the game played was nothing but spells there was literally no reason to equip weapons they did nothing, couldn’t swing anything unless you was the Barbarian with his skills/spells. I used the demon hunter, I like archery and wanted a side weapon like a sword but no he couldn’t equip nothing but bows/crossbows. It made no sense my main weapon was a bow my secondary weapon was, you guessed it a bow. No point what so ever to have a secondary weapon slot with two bows that’s just dumb. I was just use the more powerful bow and that was it. Not even any good or useful reason to switch to my second bow like for a affix or weakness and so forth. I have an idea where you can attack with any and all weapons just change the speed and damage for each class and use points or over time after using a certain type of weapon you get experience for that type like if your a Barbarian and only use a bow which is some what weak for him after using it for so long you learn or master the weapon type, only do this once or twice so you’ll have to really pick what you want your character to learn. Like you can’t learn or master all weapon types. Just call it weapon mastery experience. Another idea I had for unique weapons, if all weapons have a standard/normal attack not just skill or spell. Make it with uniques weapons the Normal attackA are unique like super fast, revive on kill, all elements fire ice and lighting damage, an summon ability, or maybe chance of instant death. Something like those but only for normal attacks, any other spell or skill won’t get that unique bonus. I just miss really attacking and battling things like in D2 the first time I went up to that demon or skeleton bashing it in the head for it to drop dead or fall into pieces on the ground. With left click if that makes easier for y’all to understand. If your against this then maybe get rid of all the weapons and just level your skills and spells up. It can be like gauntlet dark legacy it had no weapons your sword or whatever just change and leveled up with your character. Anyway leave your thoughts and taunts below.

1 Like

holy wall of text batman!!! Dude use paragraphs…easier to digest whatever you just spewed out of your keyboard.

did you really have to create another topic when you already brought something up like this before??

2 Likes

Hey he has punctuation in there though…

1 Like

So, the OP must not have ever attempted playing D3 past the first few months of the game. DH can use daggers/melee, but at the cost of losing their bow. They also adding in Kanais cube which offers gaining the legendary ability from yet another weapon(bow/crossbow/dagger/quiver).

Big sad face for the OP right now…

You obviously only play the first 2 diablos and judged d3 based on initial release, or you never played it and are just spewing hate you have heard others say. You speak of left click, so I know you play on PC. Why are you posting in the console section? Wait, it is because d1 and d2 are so old, they dont have an official forum on blizzards site. You’re posting here because you dont own a copy of d3 on pc and therfore cannot post in the general forums.

2 Likes

Here’s a picture of the weapon I think you need most…

O==I==========>

The Sword of a Thousand Carriage Returns!