Bring back locus swarm on Gargatuans

Clicking mouse to walk = lazy.
Taping mouse button down = not lazy.

(post deleted by author)

Still it’s not balance, where you have to constantly mash all your skills, and still fail to compete with other builds, where you hold down the mouse and, puhs 2 buttons simultaniously every 10s. Where 6 out of 7 classes has atleast one easy build that can push GR150, while one have none, beacuse all it’s builds require piano playstyle, and maybe one of it’s builds can push to GR150. That’s not balance, there’s no equal chances/opportunities.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Don’t worry i will play WD and love it. But than blizz should not go easy on the other classes either, regarding play style, if they can’t do it for the WD. I’m just saying it’s not fair that you have to be highly skillfull with WD, and still be far behind builds, that require no skill or brains and still dominate.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

So anyone asking for blance between classes is an idiot and should just let it go. Great attitude man. This the best way to make a better gameing experince, just don’t care about anything. Very good.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Guess i’ll need another hand and a set of eyes then. I hope D4 is going to be better.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

I hope we’ll see some more original ideas. And pet classes that can rely on their pets dmg. :laughing:

1 Like

(1) Just a side note, first. Most of the feedback concerning the LS-Garg on this forum was quite negative when the first PTR patch was released. There were folks who liked it for T16 runs, but there was not much of that on this forum. When folks ask, “why did Blizzard change things?,” it was because feedback on the forum was that it needed to be changed… that was the overwhelming sentiment. I do understand that the actual changes are not what everyone wanted.

(2) I like the new Garg/Sacrifice option. They make for a stronger performance in greater rifts, IMO, although I admit I didn’t have as much time to spend testing as I would have liked. I think the changes make for a more active play style, and it’s fun to use Sacrifice, at last… I started playing the game after Sacrifice builds had become defunct.

(3) Just me, but, T16 is easy to do even without season buffs. Gargs are still quite fast in T16 with the new patch. Given a choice between faster T16 rifts, and faster/higher greater rifts, I’d rather do better in GRs.

I know that what’s fun for me is not fun for everybody, but that’s my 2 cents.

1 Like

Sacrifice is a very poor damage skill in its current form, even in comparison to pet damage. It’s only function here is as a trigger mechanism. Because of ring of emptiness, pet builds already have a trigger mechanism for bonus damage (HT adds a third) so adding sacrifice just makes it needlessly redundant. Either just give the pets the buff or change the activation to haunt/locust to match ROE and the build becomes a lot smoother.

T16 is so easy any build that takes the time to stop and get a drink is considered too slow. T16 has become a race to the end to farm GR keys. If someone is a player that stops and collects loot and salvages, the definition of a T16 viable build obviously changes.

If Sacrifice was intended to do a lot of damage; and it does the damage it does now; then yes, it would be considered “poor” damage. But as you correctly note, the purpose of Sacrifice is to increase the damage of the Gargs… it’s not intended to do a lot of damage on its lonesome.

This is not a Garg build, or a Sacrifice build, it’s a Garg/Sacrifice build. They work in tandem by design.

Would it be nice to just buff Sacrifice so that it could do all this damage by itself, as opposed to being something that just increases the damage of another skill? That just isn’t way the skill is designed. Basically, that would make Sacrifice into a free (no resource cost) version of Zombie Charger (ZC), which costs 150 mana to cast by default. If we’re talking preferences, I’d rather have a buff to ZC where the cost is free or very cheap.

Having said all that: would it be cool to have a Sacrifice build that does super damage by itself? I have no problem with that. But I’m not really having a problem with this Garg/Sacrifice tandem either, which apparently is about making a non-passive pet build.

Right now, Wall of Death (WoD) amps Gargs and ZD, Haunt-LS/ROE amps Gargs and ZD, and Sacrifice amps Gargs ad ZD. None of them are redundant. The more of these you use, the more powerful your pets get. It’s like bricks in a wall: none are redundant; leave out any single one, and the wall has a hole in it.

So, redundancy is not the issue. What you don’t like is that it takes a lot of work to boost these skills. And of course: if WoD by its lonesome could boost Gargs enough that neither ROE, nor Sacrifice in this patch, were needed to do more damage… that would be Nirvana. Who wouldn’t want that? If you could use WoD and ROE to amp the damage adequately, then no question, it beats using WoD and ROE and Sacrifice. That’s a no-brainer.

I can only say, it’s not bothersome to me personally. I feel like I’m getting bang for my buck; the extra work is paying off with better performance. This is a case where pushing extra buttons is worth the effort.

I do get it that this is just one too many buttons to push for some players. I do think Blizzard needs to make some changes so that pets are viable without needing a seasonal buff. Part of the reason I like this new option is, it’s a nice change of pace from Sacrifice being useless right now.

Here’s the big deal about LS Garg vs Sacrifice. LS is a higher dmg skill, that was multiplied by pet and garg buffs, haveing the potential to be even better, if it would proced RoE and Qetz. Sacrifice is cool, but you have one multiplier item that requiers you to cast drum roll LS or Haunt. This new power may be better, because of the 6 Gargs and can stack 3 runes, but Sacrifice deals mediocre dmg and immolation doesn’t last long enough.

1 Like

Sacrifice, the power, is poor. That was my entire point, you’re putting a power on the bar solely as an activation key because these days, sacrifice itself isn’t worth taking.

I don’t even know where you’re going here. Sacrifice has been in the game a long time…as a damage skill. For the purposes of this crucible effect, they chose to use it as the activation trigger. They simply chose something to use as the button, could have been anything, or nothing. With this crucible power and the helltooth set there are 3 trigger powers to buff pets.

That’s exactly how it was designed. A big chunk of damage at the cost of a pet. Except, over time with all of the changes to various things it doesnt work like it’s supposed to anymore. On the live servers I can take a zombie dog with tall man’s finger, blow it up with sacrifice and it does significantly less damage than if the pet had just attacked. That’s the exact opposite of what the sacrifice power is supposed to do.

You just told me there are 3 powers, used at the same, to do the same thing. You just defined redundant.

Not only is it redundant, but after all of that the damage is mediocre. Who else has to hit all of those buttons for that level of result.

That, we can all agree on.

1 Like

I disagree with this. The purpose of Sacrifice is to buff pet damage, and it does that job.

Would you say that for the Horrify skill, it’s power is “poor?” No - because the purpose of the skill is not to do damage, it’s to do crowd control.

The purpose of Sacrifice in this patch is to apply a damage buff to pet skills. The skill is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do,in this patch. This might not be what the skill was originally intended to do, but this a seasonal buff, the idea is to something that is not in the regular game.

I understand you don’t like this change, fine. But just understand, this is out of the box thinking, skills are being used in different ways to create a different experience during the season. And that’s OK with me. That’s not to say that everybody will be happy with every change.

Just because several things do the same thing, that doesn’t make them redundant. Again: every brick in a wall does the same thing, but that doesn’t mean they’re redundant. If you take a few bricks out of a dam wall, then water leaks out. That’s a problem.

Redundant means “not or no longer needed or useful.” In this case, WoD, ROE, and Sacrifice are all needed to maximize pet damage. If they were truly redundant, you wouldn’t need them all to max your damage… but you do.

The issue is not redundancy. Rather, you want there to be fewer multipliers to have to use to buff the damage. Like I said, I get that. That would make the gameplay easier or less challenging or less clunky in the minds of some folks.

Heck, it’d be nice if, for example, we didn’t need WoD or ROE or Sacrifice to get high end damage from the pets. But Blizzard wants you to work for it, and not just have pets do the work. Or at least, that seems to be the case. They should speak for themselves… as if that’s gonna happen.

I might be jaded by my experience with this class. It seems to me that all the WD builds require a lot of button pushing, and I’m used to it.

For example: with the Jade set, I am constantly casting Haunt & LS & Piranhas & Horrify & Soul Harvest & Spirit Walk… you don’t get a break. In other classes, there are skills that are cast and forget about it. But all the WD’s short cool down skills and DOTs force a lot of button pushing. To me, this patch option is an improvement over what I have to do with the Jade set.

It’s been this way for over 10 years, and I doubt that Blizzard is going to really change things. Since I’m accustomed to the gameplay, I guess I’m over it. But I do understand this can turn some players off, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the WD as a class is less popular than others. Doubt we’ll see WD in D4 or ever again. Whatever.

Almost every other WD build has to do this too, except for the Haunt part, which gets replaced by the set class skill. That’s the problem. And now we have to cast Sacrifice on top of it, so we gotta make some room, just so we can click all the things before doing any damage anywhere. The only exception is LoD builds, but even they feel pretty much the same as all of the other LoD builds(and they also use most of the same skills). They could have just added the damage without the extra skill. There is no need to tie us up in knots to once again underperform.

3 Likes

Banish one of your active Zombie Dogs causing it to explode, dealing 1090% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards.

The sacrifice skill did not change in this patch. It just also gained an added function as an activation trigger. And that added function is not unique to sacrifice as demonstrated by the two other powers that also do that function.

I’ve gone on the record, several times, that I like this crucible power. However, like others have also pointed out, it has flaws. One of those flaws is the redundancy of having to have 3 powers to do 1 function.

If it were necessary to apply buffs to a power by clicking three separete activators then everything in this game would have three buttons to buff it. They could code the sum of those three buffs under 1 activation click and not break some immutable law of physics. Hence, it’s redundant to have 3 things do the same thing at the same time.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like