Brigg's Wrath: Is It Necessary?

Hey guys,

So I have been playing MOBC since before the bracers introduced in 2.6.10. I am far from an afficianado, but not green either.

I have found that when pushing higher levels, Brigg’s Wrath only lets you group monsters once, and you likely will not blast them down in that one cold cycle. At that point, it is dead weight. Unity, on the other hand, boosts elite damage, and also gives you incredible survivability. Thoughts?

1 Like

Use the poison rune. Damage increases for each enemy it passes through, so the more you stack with Briggs then pixel blast them together, the more the damage goes nuts, especially when you start accounting for area damage

I have heard the phrase “pixel” or “pixel blast” used in this context. What does it mean?

I M using cold only because I have a cold rolled Hauntrd Visions. Perhaps it is not worth it.

Pixel is referring to each enemies hotbox. Different size mobs have a different size hitbox that determines if a damage source hits them. If you can group enemies up, their hitboxes can overlap which allows one source of damage to hit more targets and allows Area Damage to REALLY make a difference when it triggers.

Figured. I am told that the best strategy with BS is to aim for the largest enemy and go from there.

Pretty much you just gather mobs (as in pulling them and rounding them up) between CoE cycles. When you’re about to hit poison, you curse to pull them all together, bone armor stun, and nuke.

Obviously in group play is different a bit but not too much.

my fastest runs were without briggs and with the cold rune. Followed cratics guide on this.

havent pushed with it yet so this may result in different opinions

I felt this ring helps some builds out quite a bit. I was toying with an Inarius corpse explosion/death nova build. Briggs really made a difference. I wasn’t pushing past GR 75 with the gear I had, but it was fun!