Bounty: The Demon Cache in ACT 5 Battlefields of Eternity

Mundunugu WD’s beware this bounty target, Rogoth the Eternal. You cannot kill this mob as it’s immune to cold, you will need an alternate set or a friend to do so. Didn’t realize this and as such could not complete the bounty set Completed. It’s not technically a bug, I also don’t enjoy having to alter a play style just to kill one bounty target. Consider removing immune mobs from the bounty rotation.

2 Likes

Actually, immunity does not have any place in D3 completely since elements are not working the same way as in D2 for example. Due to the specific rune effects and elements more or less being assigned to these in “some kind of way fitting” (so elements themselves not being a standalone mechanic).

We also can’t “just fit in another elemental damaging skill” for such mechanic due to all these ridiculous set bonuses and legendary powers all applied to one skill alone, narrowing the choice we actually even have at all (almost all specs).

=> Any kind of elemental damage mitigation / immunity is not some kind of combat element we could simply work around.

Ironically, especially in the case of Spirit Barrage baseline cold, has 4 cold damage runes, … one fire damage rune but that does not matter, enemy still is immune to the damage as if the fire rune… would also apply cold damage (?).

There is actually a bug here. I tested this and found out that the Well of Souls rune, which should do fire damage, also doesn’t work against the target.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I just tried the same and was causing no damage. Gave up and switched to my DH to go run bounties.

Also can confirm. Mundunugu basically a powerless lil baby vs Rogoth the Eternal. I was kinda shocked I couldn’t touch him with the fire rune and also Cold Immunity in D3? Is this the only guy like that like get rid of that turd. Wiki said he’s only 85% immune but idk man dude shoulda splatted if that were true.

Also can confirm … this one is really annoying when doing split bounties (ran into it it a few times). Had to switch to a non-Mundunugu WD build to complete it or let another splitter kill Rogoth.

If you rely your game play entirely on one build, he is hard to kill, but not impossible. I killed him with Mundunugu gear in about 5 minutes. But there are easier ways…

Why are you necroing a months-old bug report that has already been fixed?

What gave you the idea that it’s been fixed? Tried it today, and still the same.

Then post a video of the “bug.” I’ve tested it and the Well of Souls rune now deals fire damage as it should and will kill Rogoth. All other runes do cold damage as they should, too. There now is no bug.

That is not entirely correct, but it was help enough to figure out the solution. My knife had cold damage and applying well of souls did nothing. Changed to a weapon doing poison damage + well of souls, and it worked.

The element type of the weapon has no effect on the element type your damage inflicts. Element type is determined by the skill and rune only.

1 Like

Wrong. Tested multiple times and changing to fire dmg using well of souls has no effect running Mundunugu build. I fought him for 5 minutes before he died.

That’s interesting. I just ran into this mofo on my dh (cold of course) and couldn’t kill him. My buddy, also a dh, also came in, same for him. So I looked it up and found this thread, switched to a fire rune, and bam no more Rogoth.

Cliffs notes: changing to fire rune on hungering arrow for dh allows you to kill rogoth.

I ran into the same issue on my DH. I switched my primary to grenades with stun rune and killed him very quickly.

1 Like