Bounty caches: Same Items drop over and over

D3 S26 in bounty caches are dropping the same 8 or 9 items constantly, regardless of toon. Main toons have been Demon Hunter and Monk, T16, full bounty runs with 10 caches. All drop the same items, over and over and over. Usually always Cloak of Deception, Soulsmasher, Envious Blade, 2 or 3 rings like avarice, pandemonium, etc, 1 or belt items like insatiable, hunters wrath. There is no variety at all.

Not a bug, working as intended. The caches have a very limited and a very specific loot pool.

7 Likes

Game Guide - Bounty Cache Contents

You’re bound to see the same things drop over and over because there are only 21 bounty-specific legendaries in the loot pool…

• Act I caches have 5 legendaries in their loot pool.
  • Act II caches have 4 legendaries in their loot pool.
  • Act III caches have 7 legendaries in their loot pool.
  • Act IV caches have 21 legendaries in their loot pool (combined pool of Acts I, II, III and V).
  • Act V caches have 5 legendaries in their loot pool.

At T13, you’re guaranteed 2 legendaries per cache and at T16 you have an additional 80% chance of getting a 3rd legendary. If you’re repeatedly pulling 2-3 loots from a pool of 4-7, it’s entirely unsurprising that you get a lot of duplicates.

This is absolutely not a bug.

6 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn’t aware of that. Would be great if the pool was expanded; one can only have so many cloaks of deception :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah - 0. Piece of junk not worth keeping. Only good for salvaging.

1 Like

I know that’s the official list but there are times I get things like a piece of Blackthorne’s or the Krelm belt/bracers from the chests. Maybe once in 50 chests I’ll see a green item on the ground. Is this caused by something I (or my follower) is wearing (like a Puzzle or Nagelring) or is it just random loot drop of some kind?

1 Like

Yes, it is like opening a resplendant chest as well. You get a bunch of yellows, and each one has a chance to be a random legendary.

5 Likes

It’s cache number 4. That one can randomly drop anything from the other acts, but it also has a very low random chance at various other non cache items. I got a Yang from cache 4 once, which has only happened one time in years, so it’s super low but chance is there.

1 Like

All caches have a chance to drop random legendaries, not just act 4 cache. As VitaKaninen pointed out, the caches also drop 1-2 rare items which can be a random legendary instead. These drops are independent from the cache specific legendary drops, meaning at T16 each cache can drop 2-3 cache specific legendaries and random legendaries on top.

4 Likes