Botters, macros, and other cheaters rampant

I have no idea. Not fast enough that is for sure. I want that sort of action taken months ago, and again each season. However, I am not in charge and they don’t talk about the Hacks team, what they are developing/planning, and when they will implement it.

I know being an older game without the second by second game logs, d3 is a bit difficult. Still… players are left feeling like cheating does not matter. That is not right.

1 Like

Perhaps no one is home, and the limited bans that we saw last season were to keep us legit players quiet.

2 Likes

They havent done banwave in YEARS. Every season they henpick a few players and temp ban.

There are botters and streamers using maphack which should be all the evidence needed for a ban, yet they are still pushing the boards without consequence.

Sad times for D3 as a game :frowning:

1 Like

yeah. i just stopped to play with others in ~s13.
its was kind of joke. this L were in discord and tried to invite me to their game with bot bounty. my dh had 1400 para and i had very good gear. so i didnt need that. and i dont even have so much mats. i dont run bot at night who farm mats or para.
leaderboard is big joke right now and they even support them and delete topics about bots very quick. so not only this players are big L.

2 Likes

My anti-cheating thread is still active and has some very interesting topics/opinions.
Read through it and drop a comment, let me know what you think.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/banwave-request-please/233

1 Like

Needless to say we’re speculating but those are all completely plausible points. There are dozens of factors to consider, but a few of the more tangible ones aside from “We actually don’t have the skills to do it” are…

Burden of Proof: I’m well aware that you’re purchasing a license which can be revoked for any reason at any time, but they need to be damn sure they’re not banning innocent players or they’ll have a huge scandal on their hands which may ultimately cost them more than a portion of their player base being disgruntled over botters / scripters. Without knowing what they log or what kind of “footprints” the exploits leave, it’s impossible to know how easy it is for them to detect and act on these things.

Cost: Without a reliable automated system (which the cheaters will almost always be a step ahead of, similarly to malware vs antimalware software), you need manual review to make sure the first issue doesn’t arise, and humans aren’t infallible so you would still likely end up with the aforementioned issue anyway, or letting some cheaters slide because you just can’t be 100% sure (like csgo overwatch).

I’m not sure how some third party anti-cheat software seems to work so incredible well, or how much it would cost to license such software if it would even work for a game like d3 (was it Easy Anti-Cheat that was nearly flawless for a long period of time? Battle Eye? It was something an old CoD game used…), but at this point in the game’s life cycle they’re definitely not going to invest any sizeable amount of money into it.

I’m with you that this never should have been a problem in the first place, but lets face it - d3 at launch was a bloody disaster. It’s no surprise that this aspect fell short as well. It’s just a shame they never fixed it.

Here’s hoping they’ll make a quality anti-cheat a serious consideration and invest the necessary resources into it for Diablo 4!

1 Like

Agreed Blink,

They still have a chance to get ahead of the cheaters in D3 to prevent the bot fest that happened in D2, but I don’t understand why they won’t enforce anything.
We know there is a dedicated hacks team that manually bans only a few accounts every other season, if only they would implement something more frequent.

1 Like

In the future try doing this with every post you make:

Say what the problem is and then,

Show a video, webpage, etc. with the facts shown.

example: Show us a video of a guy using a macro that is against the ToS!

Otherwise you are just a troll or troublemaker.

There is a major flaw with your request.
If someone were to post a video of an individual cheating, that would go against the ToS of the forums under harassment.
HailFail does not need any evidence to join in the conversation.
He did make an excellent point that almost all the bazooka wizards used macros or auto casting cheats to play.
Bazooka timing was not that difficult and many of us top tier players can execute it fine without the need for cheats.
The laziness of auto casting software makes me cringe. There are no excuses for cheating.

2 Likes

just checked youtube… and i just wanted to know if there are any plans for anti-cheat or what ever…
FIRST VIDEO IS: 6k NECRO PARAGON BOTTING LIVE!
:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Just passing by,

Somehow everyone reads it that way. Look again. Had similar ‘discussion’ in HS forum. Forgot if he didn’t took it well or didn’t join the conversation at all. He shouldn’t have made his id so rhymic looking; his behavior didn’t help also.

Report that player to hacks@blizzard.com
That is unfortunately the only option we have currently.

1 Like

Cheating is cheating and there should be no excuses. At least that is what was at least implied last season when someone cheated to 150 on multiple characters. He wasn’t very smart as he pretty much just dared Blizzard to do something. To me there are plenty more here and they are doing the same thing. Only trouble with them is Blizzard has to actually look a bit for them. So what is happening is “no” police equals people who know no one is even looking and that the Blizzard really at least to me, doesn’t seem to want to really address the problem. What a shame for a great game like this one to be in this sad state of affairs.

1 Like

Everyone here has a point.
Personally, I dont play in group very often, when I do is to help a newbie or when I really need mats for reforging.
When the 2nd is true, if I suspect a problem I Just quit… Hardly a proof of cheating will come.

1 Like

Why would we need a video when we already had Blizzard publicly acknowledging that Wizards were using macros…

Bazooka - we definitely consider this an issue (as I’m sure you can see from our last change), but it’s proving trickier to address than we anticipated. While Bazooka is harder to execute now, we don’t like that a build more or less requires macros to use effectively. This is something we want to address, but it’s looking like that will be a longer term process beyond 2.6.7.

Ummm, dude, are you visually impaired?

D2 is still riddled with hackers and exploiters… but it was even more prolific back in the day. Sorry you didn’t catch on to that in your little world.

Even my Lan friends and I were item editing and stuff because there was literally nothing more to do. We imported these god items that basically made you un-killable. We never did PvP but we trashed everything on Hell difficulty.
There was also map editing/hacking, skill tree manipulation, unlimited town scrolls/identifies, and on and on and on.

Lan isn’t Battle.net. Good try though.

I actually have zero cares about map hacking. Lol. Not really a concern for me.

there was nothing else to do in d2. without new content or possibilities it would be very boring quick. so players created their own items and other very useful stuff. i played d2 way to long. it was super fun. sounds are still epic.
but d3 has nearly zero updates since 7-8 years. players could create new content super easy right now.
the only problem is: they couldn’t sell their crappy d4. there would be no point to play same primitive garbage for years.

Dude you have 300 paragon this season you are way out their league what do you care ?

1 Like