Both side... we can choose

Just a suggestion … it would be cool to be able to play on both side angel or demon !! you choose your side … nothing new but gives you guy’s more storytelling and weapons ect ect !! Cant wait to play on D4 Thanks

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re talking about something similar to an alignment system?

If so, then I would agree that would be neat to have in Diablo. Let players choose to play the role of either a righteous hero or a dastardly villain.

1 Like

Story wise it doesn’t make a lot of sense since the demons want to kill us and a lot of the angels don’t exactly like us that much either.

Well it’s not as though they would need to work directly with the demon or angel in order to show that they’re on the side of evil or good.

Also, they could have as a what-if scenario that’s available after you complete the original story.

Give yourself to the dark side! :slight_smile:

You sorta have that now with Necromancer and Monk/Crusader. . . Unless you are saying PvP. Then i have ZERO faith in Blizzard BALANCE that…

Interestingly, I think the lore actually allows that in D4, since we have Tyreal (an angel who became human) and lilith (a demon who want to use the humans to end the eternal conflict). They can lead the factions of humans that are aligned with either angels or demons.

I think a better version of this would be;
Whose powers do you rely on to beat the Big Bad.
Do you use/abuse angelic powers, demonic powers or nephalem powers to deal with your foes?
So not really choosing to join a faction. Angels would hate you for abusing their power, they would also hate you for using demonic powers, and continue to fear you for going full Nephalem => No major story changes needed.

Diablo is no CRPG of course, so story interaction probably should be somewhat limited (though Grim Dawn has shown how you can do different factions as an example).
But such choices might both affect

1. Gameplay.
    If you go down a demonic path, your skills are affected by it., with new powers.
  2. Cosmetics.
    Your character starts to look different if you are using angelic powers vs. demonic
  3. Story/content.
    NPCs might comment on what you have done to gain power. Maybe different quests, bosses etc. open up (again, kinda Grim Dawn style).
    If you abuse Angelic powers, maybe some new Angelic boss will try to stop you. If you go Demonic, maybe some other Nephalem boss will try to put you down.

This is something I really liked in SWTOR.

It had some minor perks that went along with it, and visual effects the deeper you went.

Though… That’s an MMO, so not sure how they would implement it for an ARPG.

Could be cool if done well.

It’s an arpg, not a rpg. Choices are limited. Even the best RPG titles wouldn’t offer this.

The Angelic side is the Alliance and the Demonic side is the Horde? No thanks.