Boon of the Hoarder not dropping

I have made my first non-seasonal character and lvl to 70. I’ve done GR’s and have gotten all gems except for Boon of the Hoarder. Is there an issue with it?

I checked all my gems in stash and slotted items
I do not have any other regular non-seasonal characters
I checked my followers
I re-checked my stash and used Find

Put a Puzzle Ring in cube and press ok, portal to goblin land will open, clear the path to boss and kill it and you get the Boon of the hoarder :slight_smile:

Also, due to a bug, if you visit Not The Cow Level (use a Bovine Bardiche in the Cube, or occasionally goblins leave such a portal behind on death) this also sets the flag as if you’ve been into the Vault, and from that point on GR guardians can drop Boon of the Hoarder.

In summary:

• The Boon of the Hoarder does not drop in Greater Rifts unless you’ve first been to The Vault and killed Greed in the Inner Sanctum or you’ve been to Not the Cow Level.

• If you’ve been to The Vault, you will get the BotH from Greed’s Strongbox (the large Chest).

• If you’ve been to Not the Cow Level, the BotH can drop from a Greater Rift Guardian.

• Once you have a BotH, you will no longer get them from Greed’s Strongbox. From that point on you can only get them from Greater Rift Guardians. And only if you don’t have one in your current Character’s possession. (Stash, Inventory, equipped or Follower).

If you haven’t been to The Vault or Not the Cow Level and the BotH is not dropping for you in Greater Rifts, then:

This is NOT a bug.

1 Like

Just a correction - boon of the hoarder can drop from greater rifts without visiting the vault in my experience.

That happens precisely because you have visited Not the Cow Level as explained already.

3 Likes

LOL yes, I realized that. Sorry I had dumb. I was expecting it to drop from GR :smiley:

This explains my question as well - I got the gem from an RG even though I hadn’t been to the vault, but I did get a cow level goblin while leveling so that explains why it dropped from an RG. Thanks!