Bonespear? \= isn't fun at all, just like grim scythe

TLDR: Witch doctor needs a slight buff to bring it back closer to what it was in s20. The reason people quit playing in s21 was because killing monsters was not engaging anymore at high levels. We want our trash killers back. Not a class that will only wipe out small monsters and barely tickle the elites. The witch doctor meta was ENJOYABLE… necro meta is straight boring.

So we all have been reading and watching videos to see who the new 4 man trash clearer will be. FOREVER the trash killer was bazooka wiz and it WAS FUN! Following the bazooka nerf there were many people who were upset and even quit playing the game.

Many end game players thought the game would die with bazooka wiz. Although we were all redeemed in satisfaction when we got Mundunugu witch doctor.

Mundunugu was freaking great. Toward the end groups were nuking 150s. Which in my opinion is how it should be. At the end of the season people should be farming 150s. Then you start seeing 3 min 150 clears with the witch doctor and people shouted for nerfs. What people did not understand is the amount of luck and skill it took to set up the one shot RG kill in order to get these 3min clears. Basically you needed a power pylon, 98%-99% rift completion, monsters just below 18% health, and a big pack of monsters. Znec executes low health monsters and spawns occy for WD, Witch doctor lays down 3 barrages pops one and spawns the rift guardian. This only worked if you were lucky enough for the RG to spawn right on top of the group. The barrages before this had accumulated enough damage with the power pylon to one shot the RG. THIS WAS NOT A SIMPLE THING TO DO. It took many groups 30-50 (sometimes more) rifts to do this one time.

Then people screamed to nerf the witch doctor because those casuals did not understand the effort it took to complete a rift this way. If you could pull it off you deserved a 3min 150 clear. Mind you this was at the end of the season.

Many people like myself LOVED how the witch doctor played. It took a decent amount of skill to play and be good at, but not enough to where you needed a macro like bazooka. It was all very satisfying to play, and also for the others in the group as well.

In the current season I’ve played the grim scythe necro and its complete trash to play. Not fun, not satisfying, and way too easy to play. Cannot one shot any elite to save their life. They took the hardest role to play in a group and turned it into the most brain dead role, its now even easier than zmonk to play.

I just got done playing around with the Bone spear necro (many of which are saying it will be trash killer in s22) and it is almost just as bad as the grim scythe necro. I am not impressed with the game play of it.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY?

1 Like

Yes, you are the only one. DoT is less fun than stand and fire.

1 Like

Youve never even participated in a 4man meta push bro why are you even here??? lol

1 Like

A slight buff would be nice for sure. I agree with you.

2 Likes

I think bone spear is more “fun” than the other past builds.

1 Like

Because build buffs and nerfs affect all manners of play?

They are not addressing Mundunugu this patch, I think that is pretty clear. So if you post has any effect, it would be to nerf Bone Spear further, which would bother me tremendously.

3 Likes

I wasnt around for zooka wiz but WD metas was very very enjoyable a small buff would be great to mund set, make WD great again . TY for making this thread OP .

4 Likes

I agree buffing the WD a bit would make the game more fun and add another viable class for end game to increase variety. Definitely took more skill and added additional strategy. Grim scythe is kinda mindless (would kinda agree probably even easier than zmonk, partly because of how tanky it was). And tbh without the season buff this time around, feel like grim scythe would have been kinda useless overall since it couldnt kill elites even at high para.

Not to mention this season got really boring really quickly when everyone immediately started farming 150s right after getting a few paragons doing 110-120 rat/god runs. Ruined the feeling of progression you had in the prior season when you would move up more slowly 129->139->144->150 etc. One of the reasons I haven’t personally been playing as much as I used to

4 Likes

Actually it is fun to play BS because it’s very simple mechanic wise, so you don’t stress your fingers and eyeballs looking at 10 buffs / debuffs / cycles / numlocks / cooldowns etc. That’s why GoD DH is also fun to play it has a smooth playstyle and players enjoy it.

Munudunugu’s is still a strong set (strongest of the WD ones anyway), it’s just not the end all of TC / RGK anymore. Necro BS will do great in 4p because you have the barb to bunch up and aoe stun for krisbin on your CoE cycle, in SP even if you stack mobs yourself with Briggs, you won’t be able to do same dmg cause your stun has short range, is only 2s, you won’t have occulus + CoE + stun available all time or won’t be able to DPS (hi fear / waller / vortex / knockback etc).

Grim scythe is more demanding playstyle than BS, as you constantly need to cycle your poison abilities to keep the dmg buff up, you are always in melee range, sims don’t teleport properly with blood rush vs waller and hit air most of the time, and it took advantage of the bugged Trag’s & sims double dipping. So it won’t be that good (and IMHO well behind BS Masquerade in s22) next season.

1 Like

Good thread, definitely need to bring the WDs back up to speed again. Give the players more options; those who prefer/enjoy the WD’s more complex playstyle and are willing to spend the time to master it and those who prefer the necro BS’s simpler mechanics. Have to say, S20 was so much fun and I clocked in my personal highest number of hours in a season to date; it was so fun stomping and grouping trash for the Witch Doctors, love the follow-up re-stomp mechanic to pull in mobs after the initial pop. So satisfying for both the zBarb and WD. Not really motivated for S21 ( can’t wait for this to end ) as its all about running away and relying on the seasonal buff.

1 Like

I disagree. I love DoT builds and hate turret builds.

I love turrets builds…not sure what point you are trying to make other than expressing an opinion.

Also this thread is a weak attempt to ruin the fun for others. We have more than 1 build.