Blood shard bug

Blood shard bug for S28.

First altar sacrifice for blood shards is 1100. Once I reached this amount (and I have gone above it since) my actual blood shard count will not reach 1100 despite clearing GRs and normal rifts. Excess shards are lying on the ground and I cant pick them up because my bag is full but still remains below 1100.

Ive tried buying from Kadala and picking them up/running new GRs but same issue remains.

4 Likes

Supposedly pc can pick up part of a stack on the ground & console can’t. Say you have 1090 (1100 max), & 15 on the ground. Pc picks 10, 1100 carrying & 5 left on ground. You can only pick up 15 & you don’t have room.
Workaround is gamble 10s, until you have enough room. Or do a higher GR (61 -63) to have a buffer. Of course this mean a console needs a higher clear than pc, for altar sacrifices. At least 1 person predicted this during PTR.
Technically not a bug but annoying anyway.

1 Like

First, make sure you have a little room to go above 1100 like by doing a GR65 or something.

Get to like 1000 or as close to it as you can (preferably slightly above like 1023) meaning you may have to spend some. Collect one Bounty Cache (on at least Torment VIII-X). Unfortunately, if you have doubled bounties, this may not work. The Shards given should put you slightly above 1100. Then, sacrifice them. I had the same issue and this is how I got around it. You can run lower GRs too, to get fewer shards at the end but I was having difficulties in finding one that gave “just enough but not too much.”

On console, if the shards to pick up exceed the amount you can carry, you do not pick up any of them. On PC, you get to your exact maximum so there is a difference in the play.

2 Likes

Why? If you have double bounty, you get two Horadric Caches, not one cache with doubled contents.

Because most people will open both and not think they should have opened one.

Always presume the most idiotic approach.

It’s not bug. It’s known “feature” of console versions.

What you have to do is you have to be able to pick up entire stack from ground. This GR chart will help you to find correct GR level. I know, it requires a bit more effort because I play on console too.

Ok…make sense, but mine is weird right now, its says my max is 1250, but cant carry more than 1061…so what should i do?

You can carry 1250. But because of how blood shard stacks work on console you have to find correct size stack.

Which in your case is 1250-1061=189.
So to get to as close to your max you have to do GR34. But don’t don’t do GR35 because it gives 190 which is 1 too many. Check chart in post I linked.

1 Like