Blog post thoughts

We asked many times for LB filters and such didn’t came.

The only way now is to screenshot all LB results and parse these with an OCR and a customly made program to export whatever data you need. It’s doable and some guy that run a LB website back in the days (S1~S8) had the source for that, but he wasn’t very open to share it with the community once he stopped the development himself.

No, I’m saying that people still trying to prove their data wrong (or right for that matter) is an exercise in futility.

It’s like trying to learn to play chess, with 12 pieces missing from the board…and the board is only one colour.

Anyway, here’s to hoping they take all that data they have, and make weaker classes stronger.

2 Likes

You’re right, but careful–you’re talking to an alt of you-know-who. One of several, actually.

5 Likes

Oh cr@p! I got sucked in again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Their data might be 100% correct and they could still make bad decisions due to not enough testing or wrong game philosophy as a whole.

The more they communicate their plans with us the better. The more they lie and cover up things the worse. I hope they get to understand this some day.

Blizzards data is completely worthless. It is contaminated with hundreds or more likely thousands of botter stats that averages all data way above the data combined of all legit players.
So you can’t rely on the data blizzard has taken. It’s just trash.

Sure bots are affecting their average as we all can see in really negative way. There is no chance to substract out those botter stats except banning them from the game…BUT WAIT…this will never happen. Sad but true.

Completely agree, but then that’s a different discussion the data we see Vs the data they use.

They have spoken a lot about better communication. I am yet to see it. So I am not holding out too much hope on that one.

You could be 100% correct. Or, maybe they take that into consideration also.
We’ll never know.

I would not go as far as calling it trash. Clearly, there are things that might not make sense. Some posters want to silence the conversation, because I think that they realize something is potentially strange and do not want another conclusion to be reached.

Something is definitely strange, the numbers don’t make any sense.

It just doesn’t matter.

Blizz wants to justify a buff to the 2 classes that are getting sets next patch. It suits their development timeline. The only want to nerf 1 class, so they data they put out “data” supports that.

They had already decided what they they were going to do next patch, and next came the “data” to justify it. Just look at the language:

Bottom line, there’s a curtain you’re not supposed to see through. They’re not making decisions on raw numbers, they’re making the numbers match their decision. Don’t scratch your head too much trying to figure out why WD = Barb.

I think it was very smart of them to not nerf barb this patch, even though they should have based on their previous criteria (141+/-3ish). The community would have been furious, so when barb did 146, they simply changed their criteria.

I really do think that eventually WotW will get some tuning, because it’s very problematic for intra-class balancing. And keep in mind that barb still has another set coming, so it’s possible that they’ll want the shiny new toy to be stronger than WotW.

They could use the data they post (being 100% correct) and still make mistakes. That’s why such blog feels unfinished - here are some numbers, enjoy! Okay, what follows up from that?

If that’s the truth then we can predict their next changes (buffs, nerfs) based on the “tuned numbers”.

haha.
that’s why his posts start off with 2 likes right off the bat within seconds of the post.

3 Likes

A few of us figured it out months ago and it’s been incredibly entertaining to watch. Sad, but still entertaining.

5 Likes

Who’s that? I have no idea who you all refer to.

Oh totally. I’d bet money that the meat of next patch will be DH and necro buffs (and probably sets) and a sader nerf.

We find out next week if they are on schedule.

1 Like

I think 5K p is not really a good # for anyone who plays solo…and NS, vs 4 player seasons with special season only buffs… 3K is likely a better one…

Checks thread. Scratches head. Half of my posts don’t have any likes whatsoever. The likes received have all been from others (and not alts).

@Skelos,
Next week is the plan for the PTR as I recall.

that’s because you just went back and unclicked them. just like you will go back and change your posts after the fact and then point out in future posts people missing your point (which was not there initially).

I SAW 2 posts you made and within seconds they both had 2 likes each. almost as if it were in your signature. Can’t hide dude.

5 Likes

You can’t do that. Your like gets locked in after a few minutes. Click like on a post and see how long it takes before you can’t remove it.

Or try to remove a like that you gave recently.

Edit: P.S. For those who liked/will like Prology’s post come back an hour later and see for yourself if you can remove the “like”.