Blog post thoughts

You don’t have all the data!

Instead of carrying on like a smacked 8 year old, use your powers for the good of the weaker classes.

With great data, comes great responsibility.

7 Likes

They do. Blizzard’s data analysis on crusaders showed that their average at 5K paragon is 136 and 138 in season and non-season, respectively. How do you reconcile that the seasonal buff reduced crusader’s ability to clear GRs?

2 Likes

You don’t have all the data.

Instead of continuing your plain as day agenda against Barbarians, which you’ve now been told hasn’t worked, how about you help the weaker classes?

Or are you that much of a hypocrite?

With great data, comes great responsibility.

5 Likes

I’m not talking about my data. See Blizzard’s blog post. It is their data.

Crusaders @ 5K ~ GR 136 in seasons
Crusaders @ 5k ~ GR 138 in non-seasons

Please explain how their data makes sense given the pandemonium buff?

1 Like

My unanswered question still stands and I understand why Pe3eWe3e pointed this out.

2 Likes

Blizz has already answered your agenda.

Help the weaker classes, you might even earn some respect and credibility around here.

Help the weaker classes and I’d even stand with you in that cause.

Right now, your ego is overwriting any sense, common or otherwise.

3 Likes

Credibility comes from seeking and speaking the truth even if it is unpopular.

You don’t have all the data they use, and you never will have.

Blizz has answered, in a manner that is loud and clear to everyone but you.

Instead of continuing your wasted crusade against Barbs, use your platform to help the weaker classes. Get out of the way of your own ego for a change.

4 Likes

I think that we are miscommunicating.

Blizzard has all the data. Blizzard used all the data to reach and report the following conclusion.

It seems strange to me.

2 Likes

My guess would be since it was taken so early in the season, the paragon adjustment was done from much much lower paragon and on top of that how many people are really pushing a week into the season (I believe patch dropped a week before the season, but even if not, still at 2 weeks not many pushing).

It’s likely their model for scaling doesn’t work as well when you are looking at very low paragon. The opposite is likely true as well, and that their scaling down from the very highest paragon could skew the data as well.

You would have a pretty decent bell curve of paragon in non seasons, but in seasonal data the paragon would be pretty tight that early on in comparison.

Just my thoughts, someone better at math and statistics could maybe further enlighten…

1 Like

I agree that there likely are issues with the scaling or they took the data from different time points.

Mic dropped right on Table Guy’s dome…

2 Likes

Data is only half of it, the actual decisions made to apply balance are important too.

In the spirit of upcoming DH buffs, we’ve seen a several bullseyes and whiffs in the past.

Use aggregated data all you want, it only takes one clear to recognize if something is too powerful. AoV’s future was destined for tuning, and sadly Shield of Fury was forever changed because of it.

During 2.6.6, there were clears on various LBs, one showed a 4-5k paragon LoD Lazy Shotgun solo clear GR127. Why did they settle on 1608x combined set modifiers when 98.5x was doing GR127? There were also 4-man GR150 clears using LoD Shotgun Sader as an RGK w/ zNec around this time too.

The Shield of Fury nerf adversely affected the LoD and Akkhan HF builds. So I hope their research going forward involves spot checking the boards so decision making embraces existing builds — and players’ augments don’t go to waste, remember that was somebody’s time.

4 Likes

will PTR come this week?

I have an idea,Many current sets consist of breastplate, shoulder plate, leg plate, shoes, helmet and gloves,This makes our equipment combination fixed to these six pieces of equipment, greatly limiting our BD composition,Our BD would be much more flexible if we added more components to the set in addition to fixing the 6-piece set,Like akhan of the holy army, tarasha of the magi,I think this is the charm of diablo iii, so that you can combine several BD’s from the same set,It was a blast,don`t you think so?

This mic drop is, without question, my favourite post in months.

6 Likes

Their presented data is weird, you swallow it like a good boy because you rather give up a limb than recieve a barb nerf. You don’t need all the data to understand there is no way crusader should clear higher NS than in season, or even get close. Either argue his point or stop responding because all you are doing right now is deflecting and coming off as a moron.

Even you should be able to conclude that the data they presented to us is highly dubious. It is important to question their metrics and ask for clarification, or else they might aswell not present any data at all if they are going to randomly set the bar at inappropriate levels.

5 Likes

SEASON 19 LOGIC:

If the current “soon-to-end-in-February-sometime” season did not give benefits versus normal game-play, they would not have changed by removal, the “exploit” that enabled some solo players to use group play in order to boost their solo leaderboard progression.

Of course the current Angels, dropping chests, holy fire from the sky, tornadoes, fire on the ground and more helps get higher. I am not a full-time player and got my highest ever GR. I doubt that I could get regularly over 120 with barely over 1,000 paragons in non-seasonal with the same paragons, I’d expect at least 5-10 GR levels less.

No, I’m a realist. There is no way a company gives up access to all their data, or their decision making processes. You’re an idiot if you think they would.

If Barbs needed a nerf, they would have gotten one. They don’t, they didn’t. Case closed.

You’re coming across like another spoilt 8 year old with a smacked rear, that’s thrown the toys out of the cot.

Not sure where you’ve been, but his points have been getting torn down and shredded for months. He’s trolled, straw manned, and tried to bury his clear as day agenda in masses of words and data.

All of it adds up to he wants nothing but Barbs nerfed.

If he used the data to argue for buffs to weaker classes, he might actually have some credibility.

A different tact might work for him, and maybe you as well.

Nice try though.

3 Likes

There was 2 ban waves and I can confirm people have gotten banned for botting and yes thud too… maybe not everyone who uses it because high clears on leaderboards and playtime over 12 hours a day/reports are probably the first to get looked at…