Blog post thoughts

Well, lies go well at the reddit folks, but we are not the average reddit poster here.

Maybe we get a forum post follow-up when they release the PTR?

Just follow them please,i trust you。

So everything is a lie if it was something that you don’t like to hear?

What my preferences has to do with something being a lie?

It’s a one day work to add an SSF ladder in this game - every programmer can tell you that if you don’t believe me. The reason why they are not adding it is something else and I want to know that so we draw conclusion about their game philosophies - do they want more LBs or not?

It has nothing to do with your preference. You calling her a liar because you don’t accept that she said that current D3 is lack of resources to do all things.

No, she is a liar because adding an SSF ladder takes one day of work:

• Make the grouping achievement Seasonal
  • Make a LB checking for Seasonal grouping achievement earned status

That is what you believed, not them.

It’s not about what I believe - I wrote you the exact way to do this - ask some programmer how much time it takes for that. It has nothing to do with “databases and long-term storage issues” and it won’t “take a lot of time and a ton of resources”.

You are currently believing her words rather than mine, so if you want to find out the truth find a programmer (if you have such friend) and ask him how much time it takes for the two points I mentioned to get implemented in the game.

Also, if what I am saying is a lie or not accurate the blues are free to explain why it is so. I am not holding their hands atm preventing them from posting at the forum.

Of course I believed over a guy who is part or close to the team development who knew what is going on inside the team than a random poster in D3 forum. Also, whether she is lying or not, it is pretty much certain that they have no interest to create SSF league.

4 Likes

I’ll give you one precious advice in life - don’t believe blindly what the authority is saying to you. Make what you want from it.

That’s crucial for me however - I am not accepting a communication compromised by lies.

and neither I should believe a word from random posters too unless he has evidence to support his claims like insider info and etc.

Good for you.

You don’t need insider info to know that 2+2 = 4. If you were a programmer you would know that what I wrote is like 2+2. That’s why I told you to ask a friend who is and not blindly believe what is told to you by the blues (like the reddit folks do).

Adding SSF is not a real solution. Just a band-aid.
Fix the actual issue here; the efficiency imbalance between group and solo-play.

1 Like

There is no actual issue however - all is working fine - groups should be more rewarding than solo play.

Nah, they should not.
I mean, it is okay if they are sligtly ahead, as a “safety measure” to make sure solo does not get ahead. But like Blizzard seemingly want class balance to be within ~15%, solo vs group should also be within 15% of each other - with groups being the one ahead. So 1-2 GRift difference at most.

1 Like

I am not a programmer, so your point is moot.

Again, neither that I will blindly believe your words too.

1 Like

If you guys ballance builds around 5k paragon clears, I suggest you guys set all ptr accounts to 5000k paragons and no exp gain after lvl 70. So the data might be the closest to your standard as possible, no need to re-calculate based on paragon differents.

4 Likes

That’s not possible. They want when even the biggest 4 noobs on Earth group together they gain more XP/rewards per hour than the average solo player. This means when 4 pro players group together you get the case atm.

They should definitely improve PTR testing if their goal is to balance all sets around certain GR levels. Fixed and preset stuff (characters, rifts) would help much.

I cant say if that is what Blizzard want. I can only say it is bad design imo.
4 biggest noobs on earth should get slightly more XP together, than if they played solo. But not more than someone knowing what they were doing solo.

1 Like

Or when 1 good player and 3 noobs group they get more together than the good player alone. Which leads again to current situation.

Grouping should be stimulated. I am absolutely for that as long as solo players have a way to measure their performance against each other aka SSF mode/ladder.