Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years

well this years floor plans really interesting :smiley: less than 2 weeks to go and no posting of it yet.

No room for the toilets this year inside the building and outside are protesters ROFL.

1 Like

Why hype yourself about D4 if it will probably ends up just like D3 did or worse at the releaseā€¦

Same with D2 remaster. If it ends up online only like D3, than I wonā€™t touch it with a stickā€¦

How about instead of asking for a D2 remaster just release a big patch for D2 LoD instead?

I bet this would make a lot players driven by nostalgia come back to D2 LoD and restore at least ā€œa bitā€ of faith in Blizzā€¦

what if they revived the ā€œsouls-likeā€ thing that was canceled

Look the same team that made this game along with the Classic team are not the ones that would work on D4 or even a D2 remastered. We would have to wait and see who they hire for those projects along with demos of their work. Then hope that they would keep a good vision for both.

My biggest concern for a D2 remaster is that it might lose some of the feel of the game. That is due to how sprites are rendered in D2 according to Brevik. I think I can understand what he is talking about but cannot put it into words. Where the UI, skills, attributes, gear all of that could be faithfully recreated to a tee. But the feel might not be the same due to not being able to faithfully recreate the sprites that D2 has.

Floor map from 2019 is live:

Also schedule is live:

My first thoughts:

Schedule and floor plan confirm my expectations until now, namely:

• D4 reveal ā†’ Lots of ā€œcoming soonā€ and blanks in schedule
  • D2 HD demo ā†’ Zoom ā€œHall Eā€ section for details

Also, there is a chance for a D4 demo in front of Mythic stage (a lot of free space ā†’ if they donā€™t plan to invite a circus there Iā€™d say itā€™s a hidden demo section, for either D4 or OW2).

Well, I have nothing more to add besides: This Blizzcon will be HUGE.

IDK Skelos, not a single mention or space allocated to Diablo. Hopefully the coming soon stuff pans out.

The blanks are for Diablo, that is the idea.

Er, I wouldnā€™t expect that. Not sure how youā€™re getting that impression either. Itā€™s the D2 thatā€™s currently available. Those are all pretty much their classic games except for HotS. The only possible source of hype would be that huge honkinā€™ empty space on the map in front of the Mythic stage thatā€™s approximately the same size as the WoW, HS, and OW demo areas.

Itā€™s quite likely there will be at least an update to Diablo. What that update is, be it D2R, D3, possible D4, or D:I has yet to be seen. Itā€™s almost a guarantee D:I will see an update panel. Itā€™s a confirmed game that hasnā€™t launched yet, so it makes sense for one update panel to be for it, or for it to be included in whatever slot they intend to put the Diablo Update panel in (itā€™s the only franchise missing from the ā€œUpdateā€ panels).

My point here is, after last year, go in with a lower bar for expectations so youā€™re not disappointed if things donā€™t materialize the way you had hoped and if they do, then you still get to be all hyped. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why you speak like you donā€™t expect D4? Or you simply trollin?

Hall E looks to be an arcade where you can play all Blizzard games ever made!

Which is freaking amazing!!!

You see, thereā€™s almost nothing for HS in the schedule and the blanks are surely not for it. Mikeā€™s reference wasnā€™t for HS.

The only things Iā€™m expecting to see this blizzcon regarding Diablo will be the new sets for the other classes, or at least some information regarding them, perhaps some future seasonal theme, and/or some more info regarding Diablo Immortal.

I donā€™t have any expectations. This way if nothing materializes, Iā€™m not devastated. If something awesome is revealed, I still get to be elated. Itā€™s called being reserved, which after last yearā€™s debacle is the best stance a player can really take so theyā€™re emotionally protected on all sides.

1 Like

No. The best is always to be a realist about expectations and based on news until now chance for D4 is super high atm. The right thing one can do now is get HYPED UP.

hyped about a gaming being announced, now will we get a expected release date, demo date, hell information about micro transactions ?

im expecting a d4 announcement and thats about it. ā€œits coming, now heres diablo immortalā€

You know how you can tell youā€™re like the most obnoxious poster about this topic ever?

When I find myself thinking Iā€™d rather you be wrong about an announcement I would be happy to hear.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for some X-Files fan/conspiracy theorist to notice that I changed my forum avatar from the D3 avatar to the my current one awhile ago.

1 Like

CLYDE BRUCKMAN: What are the chances of that happening?
PUPPET: Theyā€™re astronomical! Itā€™s beyond believability.
CLYDE BRUCKMAN: But not impossibility. I mean, after all, here we are.

I love X-Files.

I expect a possible teaser coming to playdiablo4.com next week.

The reason is that they are pretty much out of any hype leaks until Blizzcon and I doubt next week wonā€™t have more hype until Friday. So, whatā€™s left is a major teaser with a simple image on the official D4 website.