Please nerf Inna's and Wave of Light monk

After just one day of new patch Inna’s monks are clearing 150 gr solo easily.
Top clear is 7:16 minutes now and there are already twenty solo 150 clears (not counting China, their leaderboards don’t update strangely). With China there are probably two times more 150 clears.

You nerfed necromancers and crusaders because they were too strong, but Inna’s monks are much much stronger, they are even stronger than firebird wizards were on previous PTR before nerf.

If monks aren’t nerfed, they will be clearing 150 solo in under 6 minutes on non-season, on season even faster.

Wave of Light monks are also too strong, 150 solo easily capable, stronger than firebird wizards, but almost no one is pushing it, because everyone is pushing Inna’s, which is even stronger than WoL.

You introduced two OP builds in one patch for ONE class, it has no precedence.

What is the logic in making such an OP builds if you nerf other weaker builds at the same time?

7 Likes

Hopefully these builds get nerfed next patch or the patch after. It’s probably too late to nerf them now for tomorrow and of course don’t nerf during the season.

But yeah, these builds, especially Inna, are way too strong compared to everything else.

1 Like

hi easy.

“You nerfed necromancers and crusaders because they were too strong”

seriously. and how many seasons went by with that “too strong”? let the monks have their season or two. inna’s needed some help anyway. necro’s are not gutted. they probably have the best overall (cept for trangs) build diversity, and most of those builds are quite capable of 130+. sader still has the best solo push. i would love to see cpt america get some love myself. if monks are over tuned for season 24, it will at some point probably be de-tuned or another weak set will be brought up to push inna’s down a notch. hopefully witch doctor. hopefully.

growing pains and part of balance. i see nothing wrong with monk going ham or any class for that matter. monk will be FUN this season. i’m looking forward to it.

ps. next up … witch doctor! season 25.

16 Likes

You’re also seeing clears from people over level 5,000 paragon. Yeah, it’s definitely stronger then a lot of builds and can be considered over powered, but you’re seeing insanely strong players going that high.

6 Likes

The 15,000 paragon player who cleared 150 on Asia in 7 min also cleared 150 with Firebird in 9 min. It is definitely more powerful than Firebird, but we don’t know exactly how much.

Does it really matter if it takes 6-7 minutes instead of 9-10? Sure more people can make it to 150 but this game is about to reach the end of its lifespan when D4 is released.

Let people have some fun.

6 Likes

Figures a party that plays wizards mostly complaining about monks. :laughing:

If you want to compete on a level playing field than only look at this within a season parameters, not the 10000+ paragon games against non-season. I suggest you try to do what you are complaining about, and if you can’t well welcome to most of others that play the game.

4 Likes

Oh no! Players whit the highest paragon are clearing GR150 and it takes them more than 5 minutes? Get a life…

This is how good builds are geting nerfend for no reason. Oh yeah, the reson is jealous little dummys, who only see the outcome.

10 Likes

Finally made the Inna set worth a damn for a Solo player and the first thing someone says is Nerf it. Silly.

21 Likes

I am enjoying the rebuilds of my Inna sets. So many variations now.
Yes, it is strong and no, I couldn’t care less about what high level players are doing with it.
I could never understand why people call for nerfs.

10 Likes

Variations? You mean 2? lol

3 Likes

Already a call for nerfs and the season hasn’t even started yet.

Just enjoy the extra power. Grind a couple more paragons and push higher than you ever have. Chill out and play what’s fun.

12 Likes

For years Monks were underperforming and underpowered. Now they get their moment to shine and one of the first threads about the season start asking for a nerf. Hilarious.

21 Likes

They prolly do 150 at 2k paragon with ethereals. So it be possible for pretty casual players to do 150 this season.
This season will have lots of different exp metas. That i am looking forward to.

2 Likes

What you fail to understand is the power level of other classes in comparison to monks.
Just checking EU leabderboards :
Number of 150 clear by barbs in the last 6 months, by paragon 10k+ : 2
Number of 150 clear by DH in the last 6 months : 0
By WD : 0
By necro : 27 (it got nerfed by 10 tiers)
By Crusader : 17 (it got nerfed by 3-4 tiers)
By Wiz : 13

Number of 150 clear by monks in the last 48 HOURS : 4.
These players are all in the 10k range (most botters are 11/12k+, non botters are 8-10k but rare). You can compare them. You can say monk is too strong compared to other classes. Or other classes too weak.
But too weak vs too strong is a matter of preference (I personally think too strong, but I don’t like time attack so ofc I want all those builds to be nerfed).

2 Likes

Fun police is already crying for spoilers even before season start.
What’s wrong with you people? Can’t we have a nice season with a strong fun build for once?
I don’t care what happens next season, hopefully we will get something different to enjoy, time enough to bring monk in line if it really should be so excessive (without ethereals and crazy paragons).

5 Likes

Asking for nerfs for the sake of balance is not being fun police. It’s the very opposite

If a build is clearly overpowered, it needs a nerf. A reasonable nerf, mind you. When people ask for a nerf, they are not asking the build to be nerfed down to the ground but rather brought to the level with other top builds.

4 Likes

It is strong yes… 3 Classes do it better and faster so is it still OP in such a case?

1 Like

Which classes do it faster and better?

Crusader, wizard and necro are a lot faster and better according to the leaderboard.

1 Like

Look at the time stamps in which those run were completed, though, and compare that to how many monks shot up the board since July 21 & 22.

I think this just changed my mind; I may roll monk for S24!

EDIT: For the record, I am not calling for a nerf.

2 Likes